Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Rainfurrest 2014

Don’t come to Australia. Seriously. Don’t.

Been to Australia, fricking LOVED it.
Trying to drag Yannarra there.

I got cured of arachnophobia at JM Horse’s hypnosis show at ConFuzzled last year! It may have worn off a bit though…

I deal with my arachnophobia by sexing the spider. Doesn’t work all the time, but it helps…

With the number of people I know that are going to this con, I seriously don’t know how I’ll have time to meet everyone. Will be interesting to experience something so completely opposite of my normal situation. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hang out with Ocean, then you’ll meet everyone.
Ocean has the superpower of networking. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully he and the rest of you can help me have my first overall postive con experience. I’ve been to AC twice. First time I was involved with a lot of now ex-friends and lost my spot in my hotel room at the last minute, then got mixed up in con relationship drama the whole time. The second time I had a bad flu the entire trip.

Sooooooooooooo Ocean better deliver.

My first AC was equally horrible and has prevented me from going back. People are now tempting me to try it again next year.

I will try my best to entertain you at RF? I want to propose that the Fangs and Fonts panel be about networking with writers.

Piece of advice though, if you’re not careful, I become Batman. By that I mean, you’ll look away for a second and then I’ll be gone. Which is shocking for someone of my size to disappear that easily.

He’s right about the Batman thing.
Hardest freakin’ Tigrox to keep in sight.
Then again, I’m not much better, but at least you can hear Yannarra a mile away and I’m generally with her. :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to propose that the Fangs and Fonts panel be about networking with writers.

Step 1: Be a Tigrox
Step 2: Have every friend ever

Let’s put a bell on him.

I like this idea. 

All cats should have bells. This is a fact.

Disagree. We had a lovely gray cat named Tom when I was a kid. He was a quiet, gentle cat. When my mom tried putting bells on our cats to stop them from catching birds, Tom walked around, taking every step carefully, like he had a horrible headache and was trying not to agitate it. And, of course, the real bird catcher was still able to catch birds. So, not only did the bell not serve any noticeable purpose, it seemed like it was a horrible cruelty against Tom.

Not all cats should have bells.

I used to wear bells, around the same time I wore collars and rings and ears and tails and so much more.

Hmmm…it’s far enough away from AC that I might be able to make this one.

Does anyone who’s going want to submit and lead a panel for either a meet-and-greet/information session about the guild, or for a group reading of short works by guild members? (Assuming this hasn’t already been scheduled – I didn’t wade through all the previous 5 pages.) :slight_smile:

With so many members going, and Rainfurrest being so writing-focused and a good opportunity for outreach, I’d like the guild to be represented on the schedule by name if possible.

It has not.

I’d love to, but I’ve never been to a panel before, much less run one. I’d be happy to sit it on one and talk, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable being in charge of something to which I have no idea what I’m doing.

I’ve suggested and then led FWG panels at both Rainfurrest and Further Confusion in the past. When they send out the email asking panelists to suggest the specific panels they’d like to be on, I can recommend one again this year.

As much as I love Rain Furrest and particularly it’s writing track, I just can’t make it this year.