Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Rainfurrest 2014

I know it’s a long way away, but it looks like there’s a good chance I’ll be able to make this. My soon-to-be-husband and I will be making a road trip out of this.

I might look to have some sort of meetup for guild members there, for whoever wants to go.

Listing people who are attending, since this seems to be the con most writers go to:

Sean Rivercritic and Jakey Nightglow
Friday
Mars
Voice and Yannara
Ocean
Rechan
Ryffnah
Buni
Fuzzwolf
Copper Gryfon

Hoping to go!

And here I was, choosing not to make this thread because of how early it is.

I’m going! But you already knew this, Sean. :stuck_out_tongue:

Flying out either Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. Depends on flight times and if Friday (no pressure or anything I just really wanna see you D: ) is going. I need to save him from the airport if he does ;D

Myself and Yannarra will be going, as well as the rest of the Fangs and Fonts crew I believe. Yan and I are hoping to get on a number of panels, including having one for Fangs and Fonts, but we’ll see.

It’ll be good to see everyone there, both new and old. :slight_smile:

Should be there. Only con I can reasonably afford and get to in a decent amount of time.

Like you would miss an opportunity to smooze with everyone. 8)

That’s one of the main reasons to go to a con is see people you don’t get to see on a daily basis.
I’m looking forward to seeing you and Yan :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: And you will. Monday. On Fangs and Fonts. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s very early to bring this up, but I’ll likely be joining Sean in touring Seattle a bit. When the time comes around, I’d love to see us agree on a restaurant at least one of the days where we can all meet up for lunch or dinner or something. I know Friday would be up for it, because otter loves his food. ;D I’m not picky about where I eat, so I’d leave it up to others to work that out.

I have plans to be there - air and hotelfare are what I received for Christmas. :slight_smile: I need to find a roommate, but…

Sounds great. The problem with Cons though is that coordinating/scheduling anything is like herding cats underwater. But I’d be down for setting it up ahead of time. :smiley:

With Ocean, Yannarra and I we should be able to do this.

I love running downtown to Pike’s Place, Thursday morning before the con starts. Must buy all my cheese curds.

I’ll likely be there extremely early morning on Thursday. The early morning flights should be wide open, so I can snooze the whole ride ;D Will probably be wandering around and checking out the area around the hotel until a reasonable hour to bug Sean to let me into the room. :stuck_out_tongue:

If we get the Coyotls running again, then we might have another award ceremony at Rainfurrest? If so, that would be a good time for all the guild members to get together. I think there was even an after-party last time. That was fun.

Oh, and I should be at Rainfurrest. I love Rainfurrest. It’s generally one of the highlights of my year.

It was Fangs And Fonts for the after party. We dragged a bunch of authors together in the staff/vip lounge to do an episode of ‘Sh*t Writer’s Say’. :stuck_out_tongue:

And what a great episode it was. Such memorable quotes that would be far too dirty for this forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

And then there’s the stuff that got edited out… facepalms

And what a great episode it was. Such memorable quotes that would be far too dirty for this forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

If “field of baby corpses” made it in, I would love to know what didn’t.

I’m staff for RF, which means if folks want a Coyotls presentation, I can definitely get that on the schedule, provided the awards are ready by then. =n.n= Having an actual writers’ gathering would be good. This year we’re working on adding a full writers’ workshop and several kaffeeklatschen to the schedule as well, since we have the second lounge available to us.

If you’ve had fun running or helping run content before, please contact us (events@rainfurrest.com, writing_track@rainfurrest.com) and let us know you’d like to do it again!

(( It should go without saying that I’ll be at RF for the foreseeable future. ))

I really hope to have something written to do at least some form of guild panel by then. Well, provided that my checks for reg fees ever made it to them, that is.

I do hope to have the Coyotls up by then. Definitely going to have to alter the timeline set for it though. A month and a half for nominations and a half a month for voting really seems to be plenty of time.