Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Rainfurrest 2014

You will be missed. I hope we’ll get to see you next year, though.

I’m debating just driving down as opposed to flying. Innuk, Voice and I drove down one year and it was actually kinda fun.

Just a note that since I’m not able to attend myself, I’ll need at least one volunteer to help distribute FWG promotional material at the con (either by having it available at writing panels or just by leaving things on the flyer table).

I’m planning to at least have some of the FWG brochures printed and hopefully will have bookmarks as well, if I can get them designed and printed in time. Whoever volunteers, I’ll need to send you the stuff by mail. Comment here or drop me a PM, and thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

I can do that. I’ll be leading a Furry Writers’ Guild meeting too. I can email you my address.

I’ve got 9 panels this year, but we’ll see what happens once they have things sorted out.

I had nine panels too! (so it states)
Don’t forget you actually have eight panels because two overlap :stuck_out_tongue:

Scheduled for two overlapping panels? Is Con Ops issuing a Time Turner? :stuck_out_tongue:

This year RF gets two rooms for writing panels, I think they’ve had some difficulty arranging panels due to that. Still looking like it’ll be great though!

There was a time— just after the third Rain Furrest-- when I had given roughly half of all the writing panels the con had ever done. I really wish I could be there, plan to be there next year, hope everyone (especially the writers!) have a great time!

They already fixed that on the schedule.

My plan of events:
http://www.anthroaquatic.com/rfschedule.html

Here’s my schedule: http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6114539/

I’ll be there! On a couple of writing panels, going to a bunch more, and intending to defend my title in the writing competition.

I am on no writing panels at all! But I’ll be there. (I’m not on any writing panels because I didn’t tell the staff I was going to go, mind you, in part because I didn’t know I was going to go until fairly recently.)

Here are the panels I am doing:

Writing 101 #1
Lights! Camera! Action! - Writing Action Scenes
A Dark & Stormy Night: Writing Horror in Furry Fiction
Shopping for Publishers
Writing 101 #2
It Takes All Kinds: A Discussion of Genres
Fangs and Fonts: Networking and Social Media with Writing
How to Deal with Rejection & Constructive Criticism
Getting Published

Besides the con and the super personal stuff, we’ll also be hitting up the Space Needle as well as the EMP Museum. Anyone ever been to either?

I was at EMP last month. If you’re a music aficionado it’s very cool - there was a Nirvana display, a history of the electric guitar gallery, some Jimi Hendrix memorabilia and so forth. I enjoyed it.

RF was a definite blast this year. I wasn’t quite so shy as last year, so managed to meet some amazing people. Now that I joined these forums, will definitely be posting my schedule next year :3

Since a lot of you were there, or heard about it from those that were…

Thank you all for helping make RF2014 a really fun year for the writing track. We got to try out some new things… not all of them successful, but certainly a learning experience.

The Kaffeeklatsch was a huge hit, even when butting up against Saturday Morning Cartoons, and the ability to have a place that for a little while people could just sit and talk seemed to be rather popular.

For the crew from Fangs and Fonts… I cannot thank you enough for all the paneling, all the help, and generally all the good cheer and attitude you brought to the con. It was a nice energy and it paid off well. Yannarra still scares me, but in a good way, and I can’t wait to see her tie the knot with Voice.

The audience for the Flash Fiction contest seems to be growing quite a bit which is a good thing, and we might see about expanding the event in the next year to get more writers on the stage, now that people are seeing that it can be done in a short time.

Oddly, this might actually be my last year as one of the leads for the Writing Track, but only because our Programming lead wants me to train to be her replacement. I’m still on the fence about it, but if it happens, I’ll try and make sure we have someone who can work with the same level of commitment and quality that we’ve tried to provide in the last 3-4 years. If not… then you can all look forward to be cracking the whip and demanding your time if you show up. MUAHAHAHAH!

Either way, it’s sometimes easy to forget that a con is only as successful as the people who show up for it, and I think we’ve got an awesome crowd. I love the fact that Rainfurrest is becoming the place for writers to congregate in the fandom, and we’re hoping to keep that going strong.

If the FWG wants another meet next year, we’ll schedule it. Same for the Coyotl Awards. I’m sorry I couldn’t really be in attendance for either, but part of the job is making sure things are running smoothly all over the con.

Of all the people here, though, I want to thank Mary Lowd. Otters in Space was my first delve into serious non-erotic furry fiction, and it showed me that you CAN put a full-length novel out in this fandom without their being any sexy-funtimes in it. Every year she’s put up with me putting her on panels, and my occasional missteps, and always with a smile and good cheer.

To me, that’s someone to admire.

Anyways… I’m done gushing here. Feel free to rant and blarg about everything that went wrong. Just try and be a little constructive about it, because we like the feedback.

One of the things I -will- be pushing for is if we get a room suite again just for writing events, it will NOT be on the hind end of the con.

Hunter, your words are too kind. Yannarra teared up a bit when she read your comment. (We then toasted you with a glass of mead) RF was a blast this year and I had a lot of fun. Thank you for giving the FnF crew a panel to work our magic and hopefully we can get one next year. <3