Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Ask away

To answer Huskyteer’s question, I still send real cards. Last year my fiance and I took a picture together and included it. Might do the same this year.

I don’t send cards, or e-cards, or presents, or make phone calls and am pretty much terrible in every conceivable way. sleigh bells

I’m in the same boat with you, Dwale, though I’m also a student so sending xmas cards with updates would basically be “I’mwritingthiswhilesleepdeprivedandstudyingforexamesbutloveeyouhopeyouhaveagreatchristmasandeverythinghopethekidsaregoodbye”

Question: What emotion do you think you feel the most frequently? Not mood, not like long-term, “Oh, I’m pretty content/stressed/depressed/etc,” but like “This person did this and I’m angry at them/happy about it/hurt by it/etc.” If that question makes sense. For me, it’s a mix of all three pretty equally, though probably a bit more happy and a bit less anger.

I sent snail mail Christmas cards for a few years after college. But, then, in 2007 when my daughter was born, dealing with all those letters and keeping track of physical addresses for people seemed too hard. So, I started posting holiday cards on my webpage. I even went back and made digital versions of the cards I’d sent in previous years. So, all the Christmas cards I’ve made are archived on my website.

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012

We do real cards for family and a few close friends, and ecards for extended family/acquaintances/online friends. (Who gets what also depends on whether we have physical or email addresses for people.) I love cards and stationery and getting real mail, and while I’m perfectly happy to send out ecards for Easter and Halloween and all the other holidays through the year, when it comes to Christmas, there’s just something about a tangible card that nothing digital can match. I can’t see myself ever giving up sending them out entirely.

Hard to say, I’m not a very emotional person to begin with. I’m gonna go with “disgust.”

Open question: How old were you when you had your first kiss? (I don’t mean a peck, either. You know the kind I’m talking about!)

Believe it or not, I was not always quite so smooth as I am today. I didn’t get my first kiss until I was eighteen.

Ha! Nineteen. I was also not as smooth as I am today. And I still don’t get what all the fuss is about.

Kissing is hot. Maybe you were doing it wrong. XP

Implying you may grow to be smoother? swoon

Indeed it is. Kissing can sometimes even be better than other pursuits.

Question time: What is your pastime outside of writing/reading? What do you do for fun when you aren’t involved in the literary world in some capacity?

Edit: And again forgot my own answer. If not reading/writing, I’m playing video games or cooking. Experimenting with different ingredients can be really neat.

Hahahahahaha. Excellent. I wanted to crack a joke about how he was “smooth as moondust” or something, with the gag being that moondust is worse than broken glass. But I wasn’t sure if anyone would get that. ^.^;

And yes, kissing…after my first kiss, twenty minute censor bleep

Wow, a bunch of questions! Here, have many answers.

I didn’t kiss anyone ‘like that’ until I was 19 either.

The emotion I feel most frequently is probably mild annoyance. That makes me sound super crotchety and I’m really not!

Non-writing hobbies are karate and motorcycling. Things to write about quite often float through my mind while I’m doing them, though.

And not an answer, but Ryffnah, your holiday cards are gorgeous!

It’s slightly difficult to do wrong. Just saying. I don’t hate it, it just doesn’t make me feel anything. shrugs Glad to see I’m weird as usual. XD

As for what do I do outside of writing? Video games. That still sort of falls under ‘literary worlds’ though, so beyond that probably Magic: The Gathering and other board/card games. I also chat with people a LOT and just browse the internet and forums I frequent.

16 for my first kiss. Not very fond memories.

Outside of literary things I work. Just about all I do =p

Thanks!

I’ve been trying to think of what my pastimes are other than writing, and my webpage is actually what I keep coming back to. When my daughter was small, I didn’t have the time or attention available to do much writing, but it was easy to keep a camera in my pocket, and there are things to photograph everywhere. Especially if you’re the guardian of a small child. I never thought there was much to photography, but after doing it for a couple hours a day for a couple years straight, I noticed that I was getting way better at it. So, I came to appreciate the fact that there’s actually a lot of skill behind really good photography.

Anyway, my pastime is obsessively photographing my kids and then processing the pictures into albums on my webpage. It’s still story telling, but it’s primarily visual instead of verbal. So, it’s something creative I can work on when my brain’s too burned out to actually write. As a side effect, I have really nice photo albums of my kids that relatives who live a long ways away can look at, and my daughter, who’s six now, loves looking through them, too.

Excuse me? Let me throw some words at you: bad breath, body odor, licking, and overenthusiastic attempt at frenching.

Okay, here’s a question: Are you in a relationship? Feel free to share as much or as little as you like!

For me personally, this one is complicated. I’m not single, but we aren’t “dating” per-se either.

Edit: And for some reason every one of my posts winds up with a huge amount of extra space on the bottom -_-

Slobbery kisses! They are the worst. Beard burn isn’t exactly a treat, either.

I’ve had a partner for the last 8 years, and we live 3 hours apart. This always raises a few eyebrows, but most of the time it suits us fine.

Beard burn is kinda bad; will have to agree with that.

Am indeed in a relationship. I have a shiny ring on my finger and a date in July for murridge.

Relationship status:

Married: To my work
In love with: Myself
Dates: In the food sense, yes, I eat them.

I must say though I’m amused by the five people who came separately to the conclusion that Mars and I are mates.

As for kisses, yes, those can be problems. But it’s like baking cookies: you can undercook them you can overcook them, you can mess them up in all sorts of ways, but at the end of the day, you still have cookies. UNLESS they’re oatmeal raisin cookies, in which case I don’t know wtf you’ve got. (kidding I actually love oatmeal raisin cookies)

Relationships? Yes. Yes indeed. Always watching for side-candy, though. ^.~

Open question: Who is the greatest living writer?

Dwale, easy, Kazuo Ishiguro. Never Let Me Go was amazingly freaking good. That being said, the other contender, Stephen King, I have not read. So I admit to possible bias there. But Ishiguro is very skilled.