Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Open Call - Fragments of Life's Heart

What it is: Fragments will be a collection of stories about all the different forms love can come in, from poly-amorous to asexual, from new love to a couple that’s been together for decades to marriage or lack thereof with kids, from romantic to friendship to family, all different genders and species. Please keep in mind I’m looking for variety here.

Requirements: Rating is PG-13 tops.
No minimum, but a max of 10k words (though exceptions can be made if the story warrants it).
Times New Roman or Courier, Size 12 font, 1.5 or 2.0 spacing, .doc or .txt or .pdf.
Please title your email ‘Fragments Submission - [Title of Story]’ and include a brief synopsis with a word count in the body.

Payment: Standard 1/2 cent per word.

Deadline: August 15th. If you need an extension, please let me know and we can talk.
If you submit within a week of the deadline, please don’t expect as heavy of edits and flexibility on your story compared to those who submit earlier. This is due to the workload vs manpower. Thank you.

Soft Extension: September 7th (details here).

Publisher: Shooting for FurPlanet, who last we spoke said they were aiming for AC 2016 release.

Editors: MrMandolino and myself.

Contact Info: munch.antho@gmail.com Feel free to ask any questions, including what relationships would be welcomed and what I might already have five of >.> I’ll try to keep an updated list on here as submissions are accepted.

Please Note: I will be asking for First Rights within reason. If it’s been published anywhere else, feel free to fill me in on the circumstances and we’ll talk. Rights to your story will be held for one year after Fragments is published.

Thank you!

Perhaps if you could post a blurb about the anthology and the stories you’re looking for again? It would be helpful. ^^

Edited the first post :3

I hope somebody is doing bromance :slight_smile:

X3 I’ll be honest, it’s on my “Would love to see” list.

Alright my dear fuzzy, scaled, and feathered friends! Fragments now has an open call! Also, there’s no longer a minimum word count so long as what you have to offer is that darn great!

Will you accept a submission that’s also being marketed elsewhere? I’d let you know if it sells to the other market.

I may actually give this a go!

Definitely, as long as you can keep me updated on whether or not it sells, preferably before August 15th. Since I’m looking for First Rights, I won’t be able to use it if it does.

Wonderful! I’ll be looking forward to it!

Now that this is an open call, I’ll get this added to the Paying Markets page later today.

Woo-hoo! Thank you PT!

Does this also include stories which were once posted online?

I have a story I posted on Weasyl which was posted section-by-section as I wrote the first draft. Once the draft was completed, I took it down. I will need to heavily modify the story in order to submit it (some adult imagery was present because of the nature of the story). Is this story excluded from consideration because it was posted on Weasyl, then removed?

Thank you!

Between the fact that it was only a first draft you posted in segments, it’s no longer up, and the modifications you’re planning on making, I would feel comfortable with this and hope to see it submitted. Feel free to poke at me if you want to make sure the subject matter isn’t being used (so far as I’ve heard from other writers.).

Hurray! Deadline noted.

XD It’s DOES exist!

Oh, this perks my ears! Going to give it a shot

Woo-hoo! I’ll be looking forward to it :smiley:

Definitely going for this now - working on writing a story that is roughly asexual/friendship in that category. It may just be a bromance, if you want to call it that. Anyway, I’m thinking of writing it in terms of confessional piece - an unsent letter, a diary entry, something where the primary drive is the speaker’s voice, rather than plot or action. Does that sound okay?

That sounds better than okay. I think the difference in format should add a pleasent variety to the anthology. I’ll certainly be looking forward to your entry!

I shall try my best not to disappoint!