Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Open Call - Fragments of Life's Heart

This is exactly the perfect thing that my short story idea just appeared in my head for, GOOD LORD.

IMMAGONNAWRITEIT…

…as soon as I can. I have a half-made Rocket raccoon fursuit that needs my attention right now >.>;

Is that fursuiting or cosplaying?

Woo-hoo! I’ll totally be looking forward to it! And to pics of that suit X3

It’s my first fursuit ^__^; I’m a little nervous about it. He’s currently a foam skull, some handpaws and a tail right now, with the bodysuit pinned together awaiting sewing.

Eee, will do :slight_smile:

I fear that my planned submission for this collection was bought by another publisher who got it first. Good luck with the collection, and I’m sorry I don’t have anything for you.!

Plenty of time to generate another tale.

No worries. Thank you for keeping me updated on the status- I really appreciate it! If you happen to have any extra time, submissions aren’t due until August 15th :3 Would love to still hear from you.

Heyo folks! Submissions have started trickling in, and you have no idea how happy that makes me X3

I’ve been slacking lately because the only real day I have to work on edits is the only real day I have to run some errands (I still need to get my name changed and a new enhanced ID x.x). Apologies to those who haven’t heard back from me yet. I’m going to read through them this weekend and give a general yay or nay, and next weekend see if I can work on some edits.

Thank you for your patience :3 I look forward to more submissions in the future. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

I just want to note, I am absolutely shameless about taking other antho’s rejections X3 Just sayin’!

We were tossing a few story ideas around in the Shoutbox and there’s one I know I would love to see for Fragments: Family member helping another with special needs. This can be sibling, parent/child, significant other, etc. Just please be respectful to what that special needs is and do your research.

The specific idea was Special Olympics for the Sports antho, which reminded me of a good friend of mine who coach’s his little brother for the Junior Special Olympics every year. It’s a wonderful way for them to bond, and you should hear how proud my friend is whether his brother places or not, just because he gives it all he has. Lots of feels involved.

If you would like to tackle a story either dealing with the Special Olympics (trademarked name, so be sure to use something else) or helping a loved one with special needs in general, please feel free to contact me and I can get you in touch with my friend :3 I’m sure he’d love to contribute.

I might be interested. It’ll take me a while but will keep this market in mind. Thanks.

Hey folks, just a head’s up that the majority of the submissions we’ve received so far have been M/F romance. Please consider this a reminder that this anthology is supposed to illustrate how many varied shapes and ways love can come in, so if you have any unique ideas you’ve been chewing on, please feel free to shoot them our way!

Challenge accepted!

I’ve just submitted a tale; hope you enjoy reading it even if it doesn’t fit your needs.

I want to say that you guys have been awesome with your early submissions! You’ve been keeping Mando and me so busy that we already have a backlog X3 Keep it up, please!

Just a head’s up, I refined the Requirements after getting a lovely idea of what works and doesn’t work. For those who have already submitted, please don’t worry about it since there was no way for you to know. For those who haven’t yet, please be sure to check it out.

Thank you!

Just a head’s up, we are painfully lacking for F/F stories of any kind. So far only one piece has been submitted with an F/F relationship, this one an asexual couple. Also we would highly enjoy seeing how the SCOTUS decision might have effected different relationships/people/families.

If you have any questions about the themes that have or haven’t yet been submitted, please feel free to email me or ask here. Thanks again for your interest and I look forward to seeing your stories!

I might have an F/F story brewing, but it is, alas, a not really a romantic story. The people within it are romantics, but they are not in a romance together.

All the more reason for us to be interested >.> Love isn’t always romantic X3 So I’d be curious to see where it goes.

I’ll be doing an F/F story. It’s 2k in so here’s hoping I can get it done. :slight_smile:

I’ll knock on wood with crossed fingers! Definitely looking forward to it!