Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Furries on Goodreads

Yay networking! If you have an account on Goodreads, post here and let me know – whether you’re there as an author or a reader – and I’ll add you to this list.

(Names marked with * indicate FWG members. If I forget to mark you as a member or anything else is wrong, let me know.)

Also, do check out the list of furry fiction there, and add any books that aren’t already listed!

Authors
Alflor Aalto*
Clare Bell*
Tristan Black Wolf*
Ryan Campbell*
Yannarra Cheena*
JFR Coates*
Alice “Huskyteer” Dryden*
Amy Fontaine (Wolphicorn)*
FuzzWolf*
Lou Gagliardi (Vance)
Anthony R. Galetti (Kyle)
Nathanael “Friday” Gass*
Kyell Gold*
Phil Geusz*
Searska GreyRaven*
Andres Cyanni Halden*
Renee Carter Hall (Poetigress)*
Tarl “Voice” Hoch*
M. C. A. Hogarth*
Joel Kreissman (Zarpaulus)*
Zoe Landon (Hupfen)
Laura “Munchkin” Lewis
Mary Lowd*
Mars*
Watts Martin*
Tempe O’Kun*
Jess E. Owen*
Rechan*
Will Sanborn
Kris Schnee*
Sean “Duroc” Silva*
Eduardo Soliz*
James Steele*
Ocean Tigrox*
Kristina Tracer*
John Van Stry*
Weasel*
Gene Wolf*

Readers
Ben Frick (Ricky_P)
Greyflank*
sigmaechoes

Our Goodreads Group

I’m there as ‘Alice “Huskyteer” Dryden’ on the author side :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting this Poetigress.
And yes please, if you know of a furry book, please add it to the list. It’s there so that us furry writers can find other works that we may not normally know about or see at conventions.
There’s a lot of work out there, it’s time we were aware of it. :smiley:

I’m a reader, for now. http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6283112-ryan

I’m on there (lurking silently). Indigo Rain looks like it was already on the list; I added Why Coyotes Howl. I think. Maybe.

I also have an account there, though it’s not very active. None of my furry stories are listed there.

I like goodreads though, so my account will likely become (a little) more active in the future. =^_^=

Oh, and as a PS – has anyone here had a good success with promoting their work through goodreads? (Maybe another topic – promotion successes and tips?)

I’ve had a bit, mostly through linking it to my facebook writer’s page, as well as having my reviews link to my twitter. I find it’s a good place to provide a gateway to finding your work no matter where it is, be Smashwords, Amazon, Indigo, etc… It also allows me to keep an eye on what other authors are doing (especially furry ones).

Agreed on the gateway aspect. It’s usually hard to tell exactly what works and what doesn’t in terms of promo, but I got a pretty good response when I did a giveaway of By Sword and Star when it first came out (something like 700 people entering - the caveat is that, of course, some readers will enter giveaways for anything, even if it’s not necessarily their genre, and this can be a good thing or a bad thing).

Really, though, I’d be on Goodreads as a reader even if I weren’t there as a writer. I like the book-focused social media aspect, and connecting with people that way and seeing what they’re reading, and keeping track of what I’ve read and want to read.

This is the first time I’ve actually heard of Goodreads! I went ahead and set up an account. Spent about an hour going through and remembering some of the books I’ve read. It also made me realize just how spartan my bookshelf has become lately. I’ll need to fix that soon!

Here’s my extremely bare-bones page: https://www.goodreads.com/thequeenofmars

Hi!

Good idea, thanks for doing this.
I’m on Goodreads as myself (Jess E. Owen). https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6441901.Jess_E_Owen :slight_smile: I’m not super active on there as far as friending and reviews, but I try to keep up my blog, and if I review I book on Amazon I make to do it on Goodreads too…

I sent you an friend request. I just had to say that I love the covers to your books and will have to pick them up. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! :smiley: I figured I’d at least lure people in with good cover art :slight_smile:

You can find me there at JFR Coates. I’ll have a squizz through later and start adding folks from here.

Linky: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7707109.J_F_R_Coates

I’m there as an author under my name.

Can’t seem to find you on there. Add me?

Trying, but it looks like they’re over capacity ATM, will try again later

For some reason Friday never linked his account here.

Okay, list in the original post is all caught up for now. Any problems, let me know.

Just bumping this to point out Friday and I are in the wrong category now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I moved Friday’s to the author section, but Mars, so far it looks like you still just have a user profile on Goodreads instead of an author profile.