Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Camp NaNoWriMo

OK, I appear to have signed up merely by signing in, so I guess I’m in!

(All this time I’d been thinking it was June, not July. I’d been assuming that NaNo is always in 30-day months.)

What the heck, signed up. I need an ambitious undertaking.

Nope, with camp you usually get a bonus. :slight_smile:

Yay! They’ve finally made an option for private cabins!

http://campnanowrimo.org/news/introducing-private-cabins

If you guys want, I can set up a cabin for us as the administrator.

Sounds good!

One of my non-furry friends has signed up and says they’re happy to share a cabin with a bunch of fluffs (if said fluffs also don’t mind): username EdSandy.

All right, cabin created. So it sounds like this is what everybody needs to do if they want to be in the cabin for this July session:

1. Set up your profile on http://www.campnanowrimo.org. (You have to sign in to the Camp website, not the regular November NaNo one, but you can sign in with the same username.)
  2. Create your novel. I can’t send you an invite unless you’ve entered your novel info on the site. (I believe it’s all capable of being changed later.)
  3. In your Cabin Settings, make sure “I don’t want cabin invitations this session” is NOT checked. (It should be unchecked by default, I think.)
  4. Post your username here so I can send you an invitation to the cabin.

We have 12 slots, so I’ll update this post with the current cabin list…

1. Poetigress
  2. Oceanskye (Ocean)
  3. Huskyteer
  4. EdSandy
  5. Mazel (Ryffnah)
  6. Slip Wolf
  7. Sheerluck (Marked)
  8. CopperGryfon
  9. Leafblade

(Huskyteer, you’re not coming up as a member on the camp site, so you’ll need to log in there, I think, before I can send you an invite. I’ll also send an invite to EdSandy once you’re on board, so you might want to let them know it’s coming.)

Add me!
Username: Oceanskye

I’d like to be added. Username: Mazel.

I’ve never done NaNoWriMo before… I feel like I should wait until I’m a better writer… but maybe I should try anyway. How does summer compare to waiting for November?

Hmm, strange, I’m definitely signed in:

http://campnanowrimo.org/campers/huskyteer

In the summer, you can choose the word count that you’re working toward. Unless they’ve changed things, you work toward 50,000 words in November.

Also, summer has these camp cabins.

NaNo at any time of the year is all about quantity over quality, and the fun and challenge of it, more than the finished product. Personally, I’ve gotten to like the camp version better than November because of the lower word count options and the more laid-back atmosphere – though by the time they started camp, I’d already done the regular one twice, I think. Anyway, if you’re unsure, camp might be a way to kind of ease into it before the 50K requirement of November. :slight_smile:

I think it might be some kind of difference between people who signed in with a NaNo account and people who registered clean with the Camp site. But either way, the invites still work, so yours is sent now, and EdSandy’s.

Thank you! ^.^

Hi! I just regged. Please add me as: Slip Wolf.

Done! Six cabin slots left, first come, first served. (For those just coming in, cabin list and instructions are here.)

Yay!

Signed up. Username CopperGryfon ;D if there’s room.

It says you haven’t created your novel yet, so once you do that I can send you the invite.

Oh gods, I hope I’m not too late to get in this cabin! Have been busy trying to get arrangements on the west coast for what hopefully is a career changer and only just got to look at this today.

Still plenty of room. :slight_smile: Is your username Leafblade there?

Alright, I set myself a modest 20000 word goal. Lets see what happens.

Please sign me up PT, username Sheerluck :wink: