Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Your Biggest Worry As A Writer?

I worry that what I write is worthless to humanity at large. I worry about this because that means to me that my experiences are worthless, that I am worthless somehow by extension. It’s one of my largest fears in life that I’m not useful, that I’m taking up space and would be better off not doing so. I’ve written a lot about that in my own journals and this strikes me as one of my most unreasonable yet lucid fears. I worry that it would undermine my confidence building over the years to release my writing only to be told that it’s insipid and tawdry by many.

Even in erotic writing or brain-candy fiction, I want it to be useful in some way. I want my creations to speak to the reader at their core and allow them to come to understand something about themselves or the world through it.

I suppose that’s my biggest worry/fear/concern when it comes to writing; putting forth and creating words that aren’t useful/worthwhile to any reader at all.

Losing my wits.

I think writers get by through their observation skills and ability to put the static of our daily lives into a coherent narrative. To lose this ability (or to let it be significantly worn down) would be like a kind of death to me.

It’s why I visit it from time to time. You’re far, far from the only one, hun. Even the big names still have big worries. We’re all right there with you <3