Furry Writers' Guild Forum

WotA2 book blurb

How does this look?

Some desires can’t be met by normal means. Some itches you need scratched by a ram in leather or while holding a buck’s leash. This book is full of men with alternative passions.

Tomasz must find the right picture to appease his sensuous tormenter. Kai has to learn how to dominate. Ecklin needs a week’s vacation at the farm where he can live as a horse, tack and all. When his ex discovers a deep secret, Kody is forced to confess before it’s too late.

These are a few of the 11 stories tied tight with tension, heat and heart. Sit back, turn the pages and hear the leather creak.

I would consider buying that.

I like how you included a small snippet of a tease from some of the stories. Great descriptors, too. I’d thumb through it.

Not sure about saying “this book” – whoever’s reading the blurb probably already knows it’s a book.

Tomasz must find the right picture to appease his sensuous tormenter. Kai has to learn how to dominate. Ecklin needs a week's vacation at the farm where he can live as a horse, tack and all. When his ex discovers a deep secret, Kody is forced to confess before it's too late.

I think the descriptions here are good, but I’m not sure listing the names adds anything. For a novel blurb, you usually need to name at least the main character so you can refer back to them – but since these are short stories, none of the names need to be repeated, and they don’t really evoke anything at first read. It might be better to use descriptors (“a [something] [species]”) to pique potential readers’ interest, instead of the proper names.

These are a few of the 11 stories tied tight with tension, heat and heart. Sit back, turn the pages and hear the leather creak.

starts to get the shakes from lack of Oxford comma

Like “this book is,” “These are” feels weak; maybe recast – “Eleven stories…” or “Eleven authors bring you stories tied” or something along those lines.

Hope this helps and isn’t too late. :slight_smile:

The names are useful to differentiate the stories. Although I think I should change the third, just to emphasize the species change. I’ll also probably move it second, so the description’s sentences don’t begin ‘Name Name Something Else Something Else’.

Thanks PT.