Furry Writers' Guild Forum

What're you Currently Working and/or Planning to be?

I’m curious what books and publications folks are currently planning to work on. It’s one way to gauge how much competition we’ll have, as well as just mark down our goals.

My current goals:

Editing WotA and Dungeon Grind

Writing for:
F2S: M/F
Noir
Roar
Sports
Pulp2
RF: GA
RF: Adult

Backburner (not focusing on right now/not high priority/maybe, if I have time)
Novel (furry)
Collection (furry)
Heat
Non-Furry short story markets
ToT3

I have a red binder that is full of calls for subs that is thicker than most paperbacks.
You’ll understand if I don’t post them here. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m actively working on Otters In Space 3 and two short stories for The Necromouser and Other Magical Cats. Secondarily, I’m working on short stories for my third collection of space opera stories, Wespirtch and Crossroads Station.

My goals for the rest of the year are a new story to round out my Christmas collection Wishing Season so I can release it by Thanksgiving, plus still hoping to get something submitted to Furry Future (probably by the last-ditch December 1 deadline, if at all).

Beyond that, I have a novel that needs finishing next year, so I’m not sure about any of the other furry anthologies at this point. I’d like to do another Tesla story for Pulp 2 and possibly something for Roar, but I think some of my other projects need to take priority for a while.

I have two novels queued for December and January, and one planned project, a surreal supernatural comedy called “Metroburg” that will be rightly credited to “Kobi and Rose LaCroix.” ;D

I may also release compilations of my short stories via Goodreads, but it’s mostly the stuff I already have up on FA. I’ll do it in two volumes, furry and non-furry. I need a title for these.

From there, who knows? I have a Bradbury-esque sci-fi novel in its early stages called “QWERTY” that I’d like to finish, but I’m at a loss for ideas. A “Metroburg” sequel or even a series is a distinct possibility. Kobi and I might also develop a concept we have into a historical comedy set in 17th century France, that’ll be called “Edouard and Le Mouche.” I also have one reality-warping short story called “The Nostalgia Machine” that I’d like to finish but I lost momentum on.

For the ongoing future, I definitely want to do more premodern settings, more dieselpunk settings, and more sci-fi with Gnostic, psychedelic and reality-warping themes.

Hopefully the loss of momentum I’ve experienced since finishing “The Vimana Incident” will dissipate with time and a steady stream of inspiration from the classes I’m taking.

Writing for:
F2S: M/M
Noir
Roar

Backburner (Heavy maybe:
Sports
RF: GA
RF: Adult
Heat
ToT3

And just like that I went from no projects to a truckload. :T

Writing:
Fate of Three (Destiny of Dragons Book 3)
Furry Future anthology

Planned:
Sports anthology
Roar
Rainfurrest anthology

Personal editing:
Reborn

Jaffa Books editing:
[Insert titles of seven novels and novellas here]

I have ideas for stories that might work in the sports anthology. I have many more ideas and partially-completed drafts for stories I would not know where to send.

I’m working on the “Byrd” series, which will be either five or six books long when finished. (The protagonist’s last name is Byrd, and the titles are Nestling Byrd, Fledgling Byrd, and so on.) I’m almost done with number four, but don’t intend to release any of them until the series is fully complete as I’ve had heart trouble and don’t want to leave readers possibly hanging. This series, which is only marginally furry and aimed at the mainstream space opera segment, has dragged on, and on, and on by my standards due to continual Real Life interruptions (including the heart attack mentioned above). My focus is just about 100% on it-- if you guys wonder why I’ve not published anything in a year or so, this is it.

I also intend to work with FurPlanet ASAP to release my novella “Cheetah’s Win”, originally published in the “ROAR” series, as an inexpensive standalone download. In my spare time, I’ll be working with Legion on a full rewrite of “The Book of Lapism” with more stories added, probably to be titled “The New Book of Lapism” or somesuch.

Beyond that horizon, all I see is darkness for now. Hopefully a Wonderful New Idea will soon arise.

Oh goodness, let’s see here. Working on are projects that currently have my utmost attention, Front Seat are projects I want to get into no matter what OR have very solid ideas for that I don’t want to miss out on, and Back Seat are projects I want to shoot for but have no solid ideas for yet.

Working on:
Furry Future
Random Beta Reading

Front Seat:
Sports (polo, a. football (collab)
RF (GA)
RF (Adult)
RF (Adult) (collab)

Back Seat:
F2S
BDSM
ROAR 6
Noir (collab)

Heh, the stuff in the back seat are the ones with the closer deadlines.

Trust me, I know x.x Of freakin’ course, my mind is filled with ideas for the ones not due for a number of months, and of freakin’ course I’m struggling for the ones with the closer deadlines >.< Trying to take Spirit’s advice though and not overload myself. Pretty much it’s if I come up with something for them, great, if I don’t, no tears.

Correction: No obvious tears >.> I’ll still be kicking myself the entire time. But I’ve always been hard on myself with these things xp

Working on:

Outcast novel - soooo close to being done
Sketching out the next ‘Outcast’ book
Rough draft of ‘Vanilla Shake’ (erotic short story)
Noir story

I have no real anthology commitments yet, though I hope to change that soon now that I’m actively writing again :slight_smile:

I have one novel I’m knee-deep in the first edit for, two that I’ve sent back and am waiting for author fixes on, one that I’m working with an author on, and one that has a totally MIA author (not surprised on that one).

I’ve also started getting some submissions for the sports anthology. So I should start reviewing them eventually.

Well, looks like I’m going to have to give up on submitting to The Furry Future – the only decent concept I have is just going to take too much research to get finished by the deadline, and the new story for Wishing Season has to take priority anyway.

It might be for the best, though; now that I’m going to Rainfurrest, I need to write something for the conbook and the anthology, for one thing, but I’d also like to have my next novel ready to launch at RF, and there’s no way I can get that done if I’m chasing after too many other short story deadlines.

Personal Writing:
-Honestly, I’ve been on a horror kick so I’ve been tossing around the idea of doing a few short stories and posting them on NoSleep Reddit and see what happens. Maybe turn into a every other month kind of thing.
-I’ve also been planning out a horror novel, something like a 1960’s pulp underground cult type thing. I think I might start writing that soon, still working out things.
-Aside from that it’s simply working on poetry for performances and such.

Editing and Press Work:
-We just closed up submissions for the brain child of Weasel Press, Vagabonds: Anthology of the Mad Ones, so there’s a lot of things to read and select for the upcoming issue.
-I’m placing dates on the calender for future calls for submissions for the other anthologies, The Haunted Traveler and Degenerates: Voices for Peace.
-We’ve pretty much wrapped up the releases for 2014 and are currently reviewing works for the 2015 lineup. Right now there’s just two books on the schedule for the upcoming year, Vixyy Fox’s Improbable…Never Impossible and a poetry collection by C. Lynn Carden.

Lots of work to be done! We’ll just have to see what happens between all this.