Furry Writers' Guild Forum

What kind of animals would you like to see in ROAR 9

I want to create a story for ROAR 9 but I want to use animals that are not common or ever rarely seen. Any ideas or suggestions will help me jumpstart my story.

I guess polls don’t seem to get much results here <<;…

I don’t know if it’s a factor, but did you realize two of the animals are misspelled?

Here are some little-used fantasy/mythological animals, except for the dragon and unicorn which are common.

Baku
Barometz
Basan
Basilisk
Bunyip
Caladrius
Catoblepas
Chamrosh
Chupacabra
Cockatrice
Dragon
Eale, Yale
Enenra
Enfield
Gulon
Jackalope
Kappa
Kirin
Kitsune
Luachraalp
Manticore
Nanaue
Peryton (actually created by Jorge Luis Borges, but now used by many authors)
Raiju
Salamander
Shadhavar
Siranis
Tengu
Tikbalang
Ukupani (http://seananmcguire.com/fgukupani.php)
Unicorn
Wolpertinger
Yasha

Around the 1980s I met with comic-book artist Alfredo Alcala, who had come to the U.S. from the Philippines to draw horror comics for DC. Besides showing me his DC work, he showed me several comics he had drawn in the Philippines. I was fascinated by the traditional Filipino monsters, especially the tikbalang which was a fire-breathing, fanged horse with glowing eyes (probably based upon the first horses brought to the Philippines by the Spanish). I told Alcala that they were much more imaginative than the standard vampire, werewolf, and Frankenstein’s monster, and he should work them into his American comic books. He said that he’d already tried, and had been ordered by his American editors to use only the traditional monster-movie Big Three.

My phone is a piece of junk and i didn’t even catch the errors.

A lot of this list contains Japanese Youkai. I know most of this list ;).