Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Vore Anthology (First Time Editor)

A couple people have noted that there hasn’t been an erotica anthology based on Vore yet. Some comics, yes, but not prose. Some time ago there was a thread on the forum “Eka’s Portal” proposing one but nothing came of it. I’ve decided to go ahead and try to organize an anthology myself.

Earlier this week I sent messages to eleven writers of vore stories that I knew, I’ve received responses from five of them. Yesterday I posted a call for submissions on Eka’s.

• Title: To be determined, possibilities include: “Wild Appetites”, “Gulp”, suggestions are welcome.
  • Publisher: Swallowtail Productions has expressed willingness to consider it.
  • Story Length: 2,000-10,000 words.
  • Compensation: $0.01 (USD) per word, as well as a digital contributor’s copy of the finished product.
  • Also, looking for cover artist, co-editors, and beta readers.
  • Deadline for submissions is May 13th, 2017. Publication is expected sometime this summer.

Email submissions to zarpaulus@gmail.com, feel free to ask questions by replying to this thread, by PM, or email.

March 1st is just two and a half months away, and lots of folks will be busy with various holiday stuff for the next two weeks or so – that might be a kind of tight deadline for an open call.

I suppose it might be. I don’t really have much of a reference for how long to run an open call.

How long would you suggest instead?

For a call like this that will only appeal to a select group of writers, probably five months. So mid-May, I’d say. Especially with an 8,000 word limit (compared to most anthologies open right now that allow for more), meaning you’ll need more accepted stories for a good word count.

Now that you mention it, one of the writers I invited said that most of their stories were longer than the limit.

Before I clarified that I was looking for new stories rather than reposts.

I was planning to publish 10-15 stories, and honestly I doubt I’ll get that many in.

Just for your own sanity, I’d specify the file types you accept (hint, doc/odt/rtf are the sanest).

The submission call lacks any detail of what you’re looking for (beyond “Vore”), and the things you aren’t going to accept. Like: Do furries need to be involved in the story? What KIND of vore (Soft, hard, etc). ERotic/sexual content? What do you Not allow (hint, no publisher will publish an erotic story with underage characters).

I do not know how this specific publication handles it, but typically either the editor or publisher approaches a specific artist and asks them fi they would like to do the cover; cover artists aren’t going to see this call.

Do you accept reprints?

Three entries.

Only three submissions came in before the deadline.

I sent reminders to all the writers I’d invited and most of them were surprised I was actually planning to go through with it.

Of course, none of them were published writers, so I shouldn’t have been too surprised I guess.

Also, definitely should have specified format.