For full election rules and details, please see this thread: http://www.anthroaquatic.com/forum/index.php?topic=207.0
I’m looking for two volunteers to run and manage the email account that will be used in this year’s presidental election. The duties are as followed:
- During the debate period (May 1st (12:00am EST) - May 14th (11:59pm EST)), you must keep track of the email for questions to post to the thread coming from individuals who don’t have a forum account, or those that wish to have their question posted anonymously (must be checked AT LEAST once a day, preferrably more).
- During the voting period (May 16th (12:00am EST) - May 23rd (11:59pm EST)), you must keep track of and tally the votes that come in. Voting may only be done by guild members, so you must also be responsible for confirming voter identity and making sure each member is only voting once.
- On May 24th, you must make a thread in this subforum to announce the winner.
This position requires integrity and responsibility, as well as an ability to be confidential and unbiased.
The requirements for this position are as followed:
- You do not have to be a current guild member, but you must have proven yourself as trustworthy in the guild. Your acceptance into this position must be agreed upon by all candidates.
- You must not have an affiliation with the candidates. The more neutral, the better.
- You must be able to comply with all of the required duties as listed above.
- You must have an account on the guild forums.
We will take applicants up until April 30th. At that time, the candidates will make their decision. The email will be: firstname.lastname@example.org. I am making it an AnthroAquatic email account for the reason that I will have the ability to reset the password on the email account if the individual chosen proves to not be able to handle the position. I cannot view the current password (nor can I access the email account itself without the current password), so it would be very obvious if I tried to do something to the account. It also allows me to delete the email account following the end of the election, thus deleting all of the emails within it.
To apply, please reply to this post.
Please note: by taking on this responsibility, you must, as I previously mentioned, maintain confidentiality. Those who wish to ask anonymous debate questions must remain anonymous, and the votes of all individuals must remain anonymous. This does not end as soon as the election is over. They must remain anonymous. By breaking this rule, you agree to be removed from/banned from the guild. Because we will have two people looking after this email, I expect that if one of the individuals is acting without integrity, the other lets the candidates know.