Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Victernus

So, for these past couple of weeks, I’ve been working pretty hard on getting my old book rewritten. The old version… Well, let’s just say that I can’t pick it up without cringing. I’m sure that many of you know what that’s like. But, because I decided to redo it with the things that I learned over the past few years, it’s both better and longer than it was before.

Right now, I’m just looking for readers who might be interested in the story. Critique is welcome if you’d like to give it, but it’s not totally necessary - I’m going to run it by an editor or two before I get it published.

Here’s the description (this will need refining in the future) -

Victernus is a sci-fi novel about a scientist who tries to escape humanity in an effort to find something that was lost to him when he was very young. His efforts are met with extreme resistance, and he and his companions are forced to fight against a corrupt society and government to make any sort of progress. But, when the hate between both sides grows too strong, is there anyone who can stop a full scale war against the people of Earth?

Here are the links to the first chapter. You can go on from there:

https://www.sofurry.com/view/877051

Not all of the chapters are finished yet (there will be 33), but they’ll all be uploaded by Sunday, September 27th. Also, I’m still trying to decide whether or not to get this published traditionally or to do it myself. I went through Thurston Howl Publications for Fireleaf, but I’m not sure if I want to do that again. If you know of any other publishers (furry or non-furry) that you think might be worth sending this to, then by all means, please tell me.