Furry Writers' Guild Forum

The Furry Megapack: reprints wanted

I had a feeling they might say something like that. :slight_smile: I say if it’s something you want to take on, go for it, and if I can be of help (as writer or FWG rep), let me know. I’m pressed for time lately, but I’ll do what I can.

That would be a big help - there will definitely be things I want to run by you. Thanks!

Fred Patten might be a great resource to consult.

Yes! Thanks.

That’s awesome Husk! I agree, Fred Patten would be a great source to tap, and some of the folks here like Altivo and Greyflank I would think. If there’s any way I can help, be it as writer or even as advertiser, just let me know! You’ll do a great job hun :3

Gratz, Huskyteer! That’s an excellent editing position. If there’s anything I can do to help, let me know.

No news yet. But I’ve just had a LinkedIn request from the publisher :slight_smile:

Chipotle mentioned an intent to poke me about this, so to forestall pokeage: I did drop a followup email to the publisher before Christmas and received silence. I will prod again!

Surely. I’ll be glad to help if I can.

It would be really good to have you on side if this takes off, Fred! I’ll keep you posted.

On a similar note, I’ll just leave this here for possible future reference…

I’m still interested. Please keep me posted, either here or at fredpatten@earthlink.net.

Hey all - I haven’t posted on this thread for a while, but it looks as if things are moving again.

In summary, if you don’t wish to scroll back through 3 pages, I’ve been invited to edit the Furry Megapack for Wildside Press.

They’re not a furry publisher but they publish fiction in a lot of genres. The Megapacks are ebook collections of themed reprint stories, usually priced at 99c. You can find examples if you search Amazon’s Kindle store for ‘megapack’.

I think this will be a great way to get furry fiction out to a wider audience, and I’m looking for recommendations of authors or stories - your own or other people’s.

Payment is $25 per story for non-exclusive ebook rights, and the rating is roughly PG-13. There is no minimum or maximum word count, and it’s for reprints only.

Any questions/suggestions/comments, leave 'em here or shoot me a PM!

Thank you!

I’ve got a few stories I can send in for a reprint. Do we send them to you? Will there be a formal announcement and email address for submissions?

Too bad they’re not taking originals; I’ve got several unpublished pieces I’d love to meet a wide audience.

Fab - you can email me on alice@dryden.co.uk

And, er, I guess this is the formal call for submissions. I’ll amend the subject line :slight_smile:

Great! I have two stories eligible for reprints that I would love to gain a wider audience. May I submit both, or are we limited to just one?

Please submit both and I’ll see what fits best with everything else!

I’ll have them ready soon.

Thought I’d give this a bump and ask if there’s a status on this project.

Hi! It’s with the publisher at the moment - I will give them a poke soon.

Thanks for asking!