Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Tales From the Guild 2 - Details

I didn’t know non-members who want to be members could submit. Now, I do. Better get to writing!

Doesn’t publication of a story by a non-member in a Tales from the Guild anthology qualify that non-member for membership?

That is correct. That’s why we invite those who wish to be guild members to submit stories. I look forward to reading all the submissions!

I wish I had more ideas that didn’t involve magical transgenderism. Because I’m assuming these stories are more slice of life and I have an idea but it involves a man suddenly becoming female.

back to the drawing board! I will get this idea done!

This is also a good place for exploring the roles of sexes in different societies/countries. The machismo expected/accepted in males of other cultures/countries/time can add a level of stress and various talking points that a TG story can really explore. And the duties roles of a woman did not compliment the male’s roles in the same way.

So, unless Ocean gets a lot of TG stories you should go for it.

A few stories have already started trickling in, which is great :slight_smile:
Don’t worry if you haven’t started though, there’s still four months to go before the due date.

If you have any questions, let me know.

I may give this a go. I’m not a member of the FWG (yet) nor have I submitted anything for publication before, furry or not. This could be a great way for me to get my foot in the door.

Polar bears organizing against climate change as it’s causing them to lose their land.

Write this and other ideas for the Guild Anthology! Two and a half months left to send in submissions!

This prompt is oddly reminiscent of a story that I spent much of 2nd grade writing…

Tales from the Guild is still open for the next month and a half! (and can give extensions if needed)

Don’t be discouraged easily about writing for this. We all have a history and in depth knowledge of where we live and have traveled. Draw on your strengths of locations and histories that you’ve experienced. Things that seem casual and normal to you because you grew up in a certain location are wildly foreign to people who have never lived there. These make great points for stories.

Tell us stories about an urban legend near where you lived. Ogopogo and the Loch Ness monster are wonderful examples of species tied to location based tales. Old wives tales and small town histories. How would some locations change or be different if animals live there instead of humans or if humans lived alongside anthropomorphic animals? From inner city struggles to the barren deserts, every location has a story and we want to hear those stories from you!

Oh, thanks for that tip about urban legends! I was spinning my wheels on what to write about, but I have the perfect topic now.

That helps alot Ocean! Thanks. Been trying to fit a story into the guidelines but kept coming up short, working on a new outline that I hope think will work.

There’s less than two weeks to submit to the Guild anthology. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me. If you think you need a little more time, also email me and we can see what we can do.

Rushin’ to get this Russian-Mongolian story polished up in time.

(Rushin’, Russian, get it? I know I’m horrible.)

Just two days left to submit to the anthology. If people require more time, please email the editor and we can see what we can do.
Looking forward to your submissions.