Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Somewhat new writer

Hi, Zarpaulus, or Joel Kreissman as I self-publish under, here.

I heard about the Furry Writer’s Guild from the podcast Fangs and Fonts, and thought it would be useful if I wanted to get established as a writer.

I’ve been writing short stories, almost entirely science fiction, for almost half a decade now, and self-published a short novel, The Pride of Parahumans, earlier this year. I’m not real proud of it, but I also submitted a short story to the e-zine “Swallowtail Productions” and they published it at the end of May, paid pretty well too.

I have a Bachelor’s degree in Cellular/Molecular Biology, but it’s been insanely difficult trying to get a biotech job around here so I spent most of my day at a dead-end data processing job.

You can see my short stories at my LiveJournal page or SoFurry.

Hiya, and welcome! Definately gonna check out some of your stories on SF, feel free to do the same, (my newer stuff is on SF).

Welcome aboard, and try to be proud of your work if you can. :wink:

Hey Zarpaulus!

I’m new to this writing thing too, but I don’t have anything published yet; I just have a few, small things posted on my accounts.

Greets!

Glad you found us! Also thanks for listening to the podcast!

Hi and welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

Any idea why my spam filter keeps eating my notifications from this forum?

Welcome!

And you may have to whitelist us, which is usually as simple as adding the notification addie to your address book, altho you might have to make a rule.

Email generated by programs with links can set off red flags to your email daemon.

Thank you very much for listening to the podcast! Glad we could guide you here. :slight_smile:
And welcome to the forums!

It’s hard, though, isn’t it? Because by the time something’s published it’s old news to you and you know you can write betterer now.

And welcome, Zarpaulus!

Greetings and welcome.

Hey. I’m not new to writing, but I am new to the FWG and the whole publishing thing! Have fun!

Hello and welcome!