Furry Writers' Guild Forum

So I guess this is where I say hello

So, I don’t really know what to say as I am never good at talking about myself.

My name is Vance (obviously not my real name). I’m beginning to be a grey muzzle (I’m 32 years old). I’m just really getting into the furry fandom and I’m writing science fiction and fantasy. I’ve read MCA Hogarth and love her stories, but that’s the extent of my reading because of financial situations.

I take care of two disabled parents and try to work that into my writing where possible. We also have 3 cats and 2 dogs.

I’ve had a short story published before involving a human mind swapped into an anthro. It was a part of an anthology my NaNoWriMo group put together, but it has an ISBN number and sells for .99 on amazon (though I don’t see a dime, we all agreed to put the money towards charity) but otherwise I’ve been rejected twice though know that’s a part of the process so don’t dwell on it (too much :wink: )

So…uh…hi!

Hi! Vance could be a real name…

Personally I tend to believe you’re not really “greymuzzle” unless you have, you know, grey hair. Which I do. Entirely unrelatedly, I’m kind of old.

Welcome! I hope you write, and read, lots more furry stuff. If you’ve done NaNo you may already have helpful beta readers to hand, but you can pick up some furry-specific ones in the Critique area.

If you can’t afford to pay for new books, consider reviewing; many in these parts will offer free review copies. There’s a thread for that here: http://www.anthroaquatic.com/forum/index.php?topic=43

I have a scattering of grey hair. I look forward to the day when I evolve into my final form: that of Dame Judi Dench :slight_smile:

I would love to review. thank you for that suggestion!

and sadly, no. Once the group was done with our anthology project we moved on and don’t contact each other anymore. but i’m sure I can find beta readers here too!

Hi and welcome! :slight_smile:

Greets!

well…yes. of course. but not mine.

H…hello! I know who you are! i love your work. :-[

Welcome Vance!

Thank you!

Welcome to the forums!! :smiley:

Hello Vance,

Entirely grey here. :slight_smile:

I can recommend Bookcrossing for books on the free (just pay media mail rate to swap). If I didn’t belong to Bookcrossing, I’d be a book hoarder by now. They are great people with sf/f fans, but we could use more Furries.

I think I’m one of two there and I haven’t seen the Bunny in a long time!

Keep Typing!

[quote=“Greyflank, post:12, topic:1504”]Hello Vance,

Entirely grey here. :slight_smile:

I can recommend Bookcrossing for books on the free (just pay media mail rate to swap). If I didn’t belong to Bookcrossing, I’d be a book hoarder by now. They are great people with sf/f fans, but we could use more Furries.

I think I’m one of two there and I haven’t seen the Bunny in a long time!

Keep Typing![/quote]

I’m getting a few hairs here and there.

I’ll keep bookcrossing in mind. I can’t really afford anything right now, but I’ll keep it in mind for when I can.

If you want dibs on anything you see me reading on Goodreads, Just let me know.

I’m not allowed to get new books until I get rid of old books.

As long as you are in the states, media mail is on me.

[quote=“Greyflank, post:14, topic:1504”]If you want dibs on anything you see me reading on Goodreads, Just let me know.

I’m not allowed to get new books until I get rid of old books.

As long as you are in the states, media mail is on me.[/quote]

I think i found you on goodreads. I’ll PM you after I have a look at your list. I think I found at least one anthology (i love furry anthologies) i wouldn’t mind if you’re willing to give it up.

What’s horrible is I go in for teeth surgery tomorrow.

Yo, Vance! Nice to have you here with us!

Hello Vance, welcome to the forums! We’re actually the same age now (just turned 32 on May 7th). I’d like to think I’m not a grey muzzle quite yet, especially since I’ve been in the community for about half my life now >.> Okay, suddenly feeling old…

Anyway, I’m sure you’ll find a lot of good books to read through the review requests. I look forward to seeing what you think of some of them!

Hi there!