Review of the Month, March 2014: Evolutionary Action

Title: Evolutionary Action
Author: Phil Geusz
Type: Novella
Genre: Fantasy/Sci-fi/Several
Formats available: Hardcopy: http://furplanet.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=682
Rating/advisories: R (Violence)
Blurb:
[i]What happens to that which is stressed beyond its strength yet cannot bend?

It breaks, of course. If the object in question is a mere tree caught in a wind, cleanup is relatively simple. But what happens when a college campus full of academically-oriented gengineered anthro-rabbits hard-wired to be non-violent find themselves living through and beyond Armageddon? It’s not an easy thing to remain a pacifist once the lights have gone out forever, an Omega virus has sickened the land and the armies of darkness march unhindered across the plains. What do you do as the danger edges closer and closer to home and your mental programming offers no flexibility at all?

Call in a madrabbit, of course—anthropologist Dr. Rusty Harrison, the University’s leading authority on human conflict-resolution behavior. Which, unfortunately for his social standing among his own inflexibly purehearted kind, encompasses the arts of lying, gunfighting, spying, booby-trapping, infiltration…

…and artifact-stealing.[/i]

I just finished reading that yesterday! I’ll have to see if I can put a little time aside to write up my thoughts on it later.

Here is my two bits’ worth:

Thanks to everyone who read this book! I hope you enjoyed it.