Furry Writers' Guild Forum

RAWR Write-A-Thon 2017

I didn’t see a thread for this year’s event, so I thought I’d make one, since the post about it in my Member News thread isn’t visible to non-members. :slight_smile:

I’ll be participating in the RAWR Write-a-Thon during November, with a goal of 25,000 words (which I’m calling a half-NaNo, like a half marathon), and a fundraising goal of $200. All proceeds I raise will go toward the operating costs of RAWR (Regional Anthropomorphic Writers Retreat), the annual furry writing workshop led by Kyell Gold and Ryan Campbell. (More info about RAWR here, for those who might not be familiar with them.)

If you’d like to donate on my behalf and help cheer me on toward my goals, you can use the link here. Sparf (who oversees the Write-a-Thon), Alkani, and the artist Bemani are also participating, and you can find their info (and their own donate buttons) here.

If you’d like to participate, the FAQ is here and the signup form is here. The Write-a-Thon runs through the end of November, and to me it seems like the perfect complement to NaNoWriMo, to work toward a writing goal and also benefit a unique resource for furry writers. I’d love to see a few more writers sign up, if for no other reason than to help signal boost both the Write-a-Thon and RAWR itself.

And the Twitter hashtag is #RAWRWriteAThon, to keep up with everyone’s progress updates. :slight_smile: