Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Passing The Hat Around

Hello fellow writers!

I hate to jump onto the forums and immediately jump into a sales pitch, but…well, the timing is fortuitous and if I can’t practice pitching myself to my fellow writers, where else could I go? :wink:

My dear husband NotTube is away at the Clarion Workshop right now, having his work critiqued by traditionally-published SF/F authors and learning along with a number of other aspiring genre writers. I’m tremendously proud of him; he’s worked very hard to make it into the Workshop, and it’s a wonderful experience.

In a show of solidarity with him, I’ve decided to join the Clarion Write-a-Thon, a fundraiser that takes place in conjunction with the Workshop itself. Writers set a goal for themselves (in my case, it’s 50,000 words written between June 22nd and August 2nd) and try to gather donations and pledges for their work. All donations will go to the Clarion Workshop, which allows them to attract top-tier talent for critiques and lectures as well as offer financial aid to those who would like to go but can’t afford it.

I’d love to do my part to make sure that the Workshop has the funds to keep running and right now they still have $15,000 to go before the Write-a-Thon is over! If you’re interested in helping me in this quest, feel free to visit my author’s page here (http://www.clarionwriteathon.com/members/profile.php?writerid=599479) and make a donation or pledge. If you’d like to pledge $50.00 for 50,000 words written, all you have to do is pledge .001 cent per word! What a steal!

I’ve been posting thoughts about my writing process and the occasional writing snippet over on jakebe.com; feel free to wander there and join in the discussion if you’d like. At any rate, I would appreciate your support and encouragement, monetary or verbal. I think the furry fandom has a lot to offer the broader SF/F community, and this is one of the ways we can show it. :slight_smile:

• Jakebe