Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Market news and updates

I’ve noticed some talk about all this in the chats (both the scheduled ones and the spontaneous ones), but wanted to make a more permanent thread for any sort of market news that isn’t a call for submissions – in other words, a place for updates on anthologies that are dead (or still alive), scuttlebutt on anthologies or other markets that will be open for submissions in coming months but aren’t open yet, just generally a place to ask “anybody know what’s going on with…?” – all that sort of thing.

Starting this off with a heads-up about Fred Patten’s tentative plans for his next FurPlanet anthology, quoting him from a different thread in this forum:

I am almost certainly premature in announcing this, since editing "The Furry Future" for January publication is taking up all of my time at present, but Teiran of FurPlanet Productions and I have briefly discussed what kind of anthology to publish next. We have tentatively agreed upon an anthology of reprints from within furry fandom. Up to now, we have been asking for all-original stories, or reprinting furry stories from the s-f magazines of the last century since most furry readers today are not familiar with them. This new anthology, probably for Anthrocon 2015, would be of short stories by furry community writers that have been published before but that most furry readers are unlikely to be familiar with. Mostly old stories that are out of print; and stories published outside furry markets that most furry fans don't know about.

Confirmed by RV Comics:

We will be opening Pulp 2 early next year and TOT3.

Unconfirmed Rumors
Ianus (editor of ToT and Pulp) is thinking of doing a Lovecraftian horror anthology. It will depend on a few factors, and RV doesn’t want to add any New anthologies til next year so nothing’s moving on that yet.

Also, at this time, it’s been a while since anyone has heard from the editor of RV’s Predator/Prey Role Reversal anthology. I think even RV’s people haven’t been able to get in contact.

Update on the Punked anthology:

Hey, I’m not involved in Pulp in particular, but for future updates can there be a cliffnotes version included with FA links? For those of us unable to access FA for various reasons?

Wait… you can’t access FA at all, at any time? o_o Huh. Well, okay, noted.

Here’s the editor’s update, in full:

First off, I would like to lead with an apology to all of the authors that have submitted to Punked and have been waiting to receive your edits, contracts, or anything else.

This year has lead me down a very bumpy path that put a lot of things on hold for me.

Some of you may know that I had, up until very recently, been unemployed for the past 11 months. I’ve had some ability to take care of myself financially, but not much past ensuring I had a roof over my head, and food in my pantry. In addition to worrying about paying rent, I was worried about being unable to pay the authors that have been accepted into this anthology for their hours of hard work.

Sparing too many details, I’ve found a job that keeps me busy, both on shift and off, and allows me to consider finishing Punked after what has been a very long year for me.

These past two months have been very busy and while I don’t suspect that will change anytime soon, I do expect to be returning to work on Punked very soon. I know that a year is a very long time to sit on a story, and that some people have voiced opinions on wanting to rework their submissions. This should be fine, but I ask that those considering tweaking their submissions contact me first.

I will be attempting to reach out to everyone that has submitted to Punked to confirm their interest in continuing with this anthology. If anyone has not been contacted by me that previously received an acceptance confirmation, please contact me using the punkedanthology[at]gmail.com e-mail.

Edits should be coming out no later than the end of this year, though I will be aiming to have them done by the end of November. If you’re going to be making heavy edits to your story, please let me know within one week with what changes you intend to make.

For everyone that still wishes to be a part of this project, I thank you for your patience, or impatience, as the case may be. Thank you for all of the pokes and prods that have encouraged me to at least try stay on track.

Until next week,

Roland

It’s not a ‘not at any time’ deal, but I do about 92% of my interneting at work, which doesn’t allow for it. About 5% is on my phone, which doesn’t like FA and takes a long time to access its pages, and 3% is when I’m working on a story, just to access synonyms and for music or when I need a breather in between and the likes. I normally completely forget to go back to things like this when situations change >.<

Probably too early, but anyone know anything firmer yet on when Pulp 2 is going to open or have its deadline, other than just early next year?

This may be of interest to some people here. It’s from a call for interactive writing. I’ll pass along the e-mail address and a sample of writing for anyone who wants to apply.

Indie company collab opportunity for writer
Unique narrative-driven hybrid project
Writer should be:

• Equally at home with epic fantasy and emotional point of view of characters age 10 or under
  • Familiar with animated/visual and interactive media
  • Able to give and take a lot of feedback
  • Semi-pro or pro, able to show resume that supports sample
  • Flexible for indie role, may negotiate terms such as modest thank-you pay up front, plus deferred pay to come from crowdfunding.

I think it may be awhile as Ianus is working on ToT3, Urban Knights, his erotic anthology, and a couple more (if I remember correctly), so he’s a bit swamped right now.

Last time I asked Ianus he said it wasn’t even on his radar at the moment because of said projects above. In addition to his editing of anthologies, he’s hoping to have more time to work on some personal stories as well.

Resurrecting this thread to ask, did anybody ever get a contributor’s copy of Allasso Volume 3? I just realized I never did, but I wasn’t sure if none were sent out at all or if it was maybe because my contribution was a poem instead of a story…?

I don’t think that I ever got a contributor’s copy. I eventually ordered a copy for myself off of Amazon. It looks like it’s still available there; though the web-version has, sadly, disappeared. It’s a lovely little anthology.

The same here. My first story was published in Allasso volume 3, but I never got a contributor’s copy or a reply to my e-mail to the editor about it. I eventually bought a copy from Amazon.com.

Me too.

It is still available online, BTW, but at a Wordpress URL because payment for the pinkfoxpublications domain name expired:

So the links from the contents pages are broken, but you can fix them manually e.g. from http://pinkfoxpublications.net/cold-scent/ (no longer works) to http://pinkfoxpublications.wordpress.com/cold-scent/

Oh, thank you! That’s really helpful. Now I can let people read “A Real Stand-Up Guy” online again.

If anyone submitted to the WERE- anthology, sounds like they’ll have replies out next month: