Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Introductions :3

Good Morning (or afternoon wherever everyone is)!

My name is Harold Goldstein aka Matthew Fawkes (I’d rather be called Matt since I enjoy it more than my original name).

I graduated from California State University Northridge with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, concentration in Creative Writing. I have worked on three student newspapers (high school, community college, university) and was an editor for a student literary magazine (university).

I have been a lover of anthropomorphic fiction since I first read Julie’s Wolf Pack by Jean Craighead George. Once I started getting into Kyell Gold and Kevin Frane, it was all over. I am a firm supporter of Anthro Fiction and would love to help it grow and expand.

I am a writer as well but my creativity streak has hit an all-time low and i’m slowly getting myself back into writing creatively again. My gears are so rusty but I’m oiling them up and I have friends who are helping.

My current life goals is to become an TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) teacher and an editor for a publishing house (hopefully for furry publishing or an mainstream publisher who accepts anthro fiction).

Right now, I am volunteering as an Adult Literacy Tutor for the Los Angeles Public Library. I am also looking for paid work and selling stuff on ebay.

Nice to meet you all! :slight_smile:

Welcome! Oh wow, I had no idea there was a sequel to Julie of the Wolves; I enjoyed that a lot, and although I only read it once, it was a big influence (I don’t want to give away the ending, but let’s just say I’ve used that plot device more than once).

Furry publishers seem chronically short-handed (-pawed?), so make them an offer!

Welcome welcome!

Hey there! Welcome aboard!

In all honesty, I never got to read Julie of the Wolves. I need to pick that up when I get a chance. XD

As for furry publishers, I’d love to make them an offer but I need to figure out where to start first.

Thank you for the kind welcome! I’m a long time follower of [Adjective][Species] and I’d love to contribute an article! :smiley:

Thank you so much! Happy to be here!

Hey there! Welcome to the forums! Have you been in the shoutbox yet? It’s a fun place. By the way, love the avatar. ^.^

Thank you so much!

I have dipped in the shoutbox for a bit but I’ve been away for the past couple of days so I haven’t had the time. I’m back now so I’ll be diving back in.

And yeah, I’m a star fox fan. A lovely fur who I met on twitter was able to make that for my fursona. It came out really nice. :slight_smile:

Welcome! Jean Craighead George was my idol growing up! Reading her books was probably a contributing factor to my choice to study wildlife biology & creative writing in college. :wink: Her son was a wildlife professor at my school! :open_mouth:

I dig your Star Fox-based fursona, as well!

Hope you enjoy the forums! :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome! :slight_smile:

Greets!

Welcome aboard!
It’ll be nice to have another furry lit editor in the fandom as right now I think we just have Sean and that is it…

Well, I would love to be a helping hand for any author (aspiring or published) who needs a bit of editing and feedback :slight_smile: