Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Hey there!

Figured I ought to poke my head in and introduce myself! It’s been a while since I’ve used a forum, so this all feels rather new to me.

My name’s Makyo, and I’m a writer and composer by night, software developer for a mid-sized linux company by day. I attended Colorado State University where I studied music composition, and picked up writing as a serious interest after school. Focusing mostly on non-fiction, I started writing mostly personal pieces surrounding gender, spirituality, and mental health. Eventually, I started to branch out into writing more furry content. In 2011, I founded [adjective][species], a meta-furry website that aims to investigate what all goes along with being a furry. Today, I act as its editor-in-chief, working with my co-admin JM the horse to encourage and publish non-fiction and metafurry fiction writing within and around the furry subculture. Additionally, I help run the Furry Poll, the fandom’s largest marketing and demographics survey.

Although my focus to date has been primarily in the field of non-fiction writing, I’ve been working on branching out and trying my paw at writing fiction more seriously than I have in the past. I really hope to learn a lot from the FWG and the forums here, surrounded by such illustrious folk!

Cheers!

~M

Hey! Welcome to the welcome board! Been fun chatting in the shoutbox so far ^.^

About time too :stuck_out_tongue: Welcome!

Hey there! Welcome!

Hey! Finally here :smiley:

Hey, it’s nice to see you here, I really enjoy your articles.

That being said, not to seem rude, but your profile has your age at 89. Is that right? If it is then I really respect how active you keep.

Oh, wow, good catch! Only off by sixty years ^^; Thanks, I’ve fixed that.

Ha ha, I didn’t think so. I don’t mean to sound ageist, but, with the nature of the internet and the furry fandom, it’s very rare to see many people above the age of 60, let alone 80. :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome!

Oh my goodness, hello there! So happy to see you here on the forums! I know a good number of us here have contributed to [adjective][species] and plan on extending that relationship with open [flailing] arms! elated