Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Hello there!

I am an artist by nature (studio masters in painting and a studio masters in drawing) but a couple of decades ago i discovered that while the art for me was great way to grab attention and to illustrate, it was not enough. I published my first book as a part of my bachelors degree in art way back in 1989. Then next was a fantasy book that finished the story of the first back in 1991. then i wrote a lot but didn’t put anything out there until 2013. I took a bit of time out to raise a family, that was more important than my desires. In 2013 i finally got the courage to self publish (for personal reasons). I don’t live on the earnings from the stories but i love to write. I am no professional as many of you are but i love to tell a good story. Mostly Fantasy or sci-fi. Most of my books run between 70 and 90k but my longest in 181k and the shortest is around 35k. I hope that joining here may help me to learn to be a better author and maybe someday i can help someone else.
Yes, i am old.

Greets!

I’m old too. Nor am I a professional.

Awesome! I was worried i would encounter a lot of professionals here and that i would end up feeling rather dumb.
Nice to meet you!

Welcome to the Furry Writer’s Guild! Thanks for joining us! :smiley:

So old you’re gnarly? :slight_smile: Welcome!

Trust me, I too was a little intimidated when first joining the forums and trying to reach out to other writers. Plus, there’s the fact I’m this goofy college youngin’ surrounded by people much older than I am, with more experience to boot.

Anyways, welcome! :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome! :slight_smile:

Greetings and welcome.

Nice to have you here!

Howdy. So now you have me wondering about the demographics here. Seems like a mix of young and old.

I suspect I’m in the part of the group more prone to shout “all you furries, get off of my lawn” or some such.

It does run the gamut a bit. The good thing is everyone here is just super awesome. I haven’t had this much fun with a group of folks in awhile ^.^

And you’re only as old as you feel … until the aches and pains remind you that you’re not 18 and shouldn’t be doing those BMX tricks anymore … but I ignore that for the most part giggles

@Gnarl, Welcome to the forums! ^.^

Hello and welcome! From what I’ve seen here, we have a wide range of the gambit, both in age and experiences in the fandom. I’m 31, but have been in the fandom well-over a decade.

Feel free to drop a line or three in the shoutbox. We love meeting new folks!

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! While i am 17 at heart my body is 57. Though i have been writing since i was 14, i didn’t publish anything real until i was 54. I will try to learn how to use this forum and drop by this shoutbox? Thank you again. Now i shall lurk a bit and see it is done on here.

Welcome to the forums! I am glad to see so many different people show up! :3