Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Hello from Washington and the World!

Hello there, I’m John Etgar, or Galen! I signed up yesterday, and I’m probably just going to look around for a little bit first, will be getting my bearings.

I would like to read some original works or fan fiction or anything loosely thematic (anthropomorphic). I’ve collected a lot of books from FurPlanet, and I’m hoping that I’ll be able to find more reading here!

My long game: I’d like to become published someday, and to become a member of the Furry Writers’ Guild. That’ll be on the back burner for a bit. I imagine I’ll have to do a bit of reading here, and I’ll have to take some time to absorb any advice I can get.

I would like to write some critiques and reviews here. I’m not a professional, just a casual reader. This will also take me a little time, of course, but this is what I’ll be focusing on first.

I’ll be submitting some stuff, maybe. If I do, it’ll be a bit later.

I’m pumped to be here! I say that with no caffeine in my veins!

Welcome to the forums. Please let us know if you have any questions.

The furry writing community is always in need of more reviewers, so we’d be happy to have you. We will also be able to help you get published. You have come to the right place.

1 Like

Welcome! We’re glad you’re here. Have a look around!

I definitely describe myself as a casual reader and writer as well. You are certainly among friends.

1 Like

Welcome, Galen! Reading widely before you launch into your own writing is absolutely the right thing to do, IMHO. Don’t limit yourself to furry, either - bring in elements from whatever kind of literature you enjoy!