Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Happy to be here!

Hello! I’m Camron Cuccu. I occasionally write (but rarely publish) fiction and poems. I’ve merely dabbled in the edges of the fandom so I’m not very familiar with the publishing scene, among other things. Figured I’d pop around here more often to see some of what I’ve been missing.

On the outside, I’m a full-time wordsmith. When my workday is over I often find it difficult to devote time and energy to devote to additional writing. I often mull concepts for months or longer before sitting down to write them in a mad rush; then I’ll edit fiercely and thoroughly before I can bring myself to let anybody take a look at it. It’s difficult for me to imagine sharing any phase of my writing process with others—something I may try to change—though it has never been difficult for me to share the journey of others.

Looking forward to learning more about y’all. :>

— Cam

Welcome! Tell us about your full-time professional work?

Welcome aboard. It sounds like you’ll be able to make some interesting contributions to the discussions here.

Welcome!

My day job is slowly shifting towards writing from web development. I was worried that I wouldn’t feel like additional writing in my spare time, but it turns out that writing more in the daytime seems to exercise those muscles and help with the production of words for fiction.

What I have found is that I’m less inclined to write these days because my day job is less boring and awful than previously, so I feel less need to escape.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Welcome!