Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Good morning!

Hi y’all! I’ve been contemplating creating a book for quite some time now. Apart from a few short stories I’ve made, I’ve finally decided to work on a book of a much larger scale. I’ve been focusing on one character, but I keep going back to flesh out the actual world. I’m very new to this, so I’m not too sure how to go about writing such a huge book. Hopefully I can find a good few tips on here, and possibly have someone sample my work to see if there’s anything I could improve on.

Anyways, good morning and have a lovely day. :3

Greets!

Hi and welcome! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome!

I like th’ fishes cuz they’re so delicious! Gone gold fishin’!

I mean >.> Hello and welcome! I hope you’re able to find the help and critique you’re looking for. One thing I learned that had helped when going from short stories (about 1000-2500 words) to longer stories (broke 12k last year!) is to answer the call for submissions with word limits that are outside your usual, and push the minimum requirement every time. By having a deadline and certain requirements (such as word count) set in stone in order to get the chance to be paid and published, it can be a huge motivator! It also helps teach you pacing along the way (it’s so, so different between shorter and longer stories) and it allows for growth while minimizing the risk of getting the proverbial writing paralysis from being so overwhelmed.

That’s just from my own experience though. Everyone seems to find things that work best for them. The trick is to have the willingness to keep trying until you find what works for you, personally :slight_smile:

Good morning! And welcome aboard!

Hello!

Welcome!