Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Goal Publications

Starting now, Goal Publications will be accepting full-length works! For more information, head to www.goalpublications.com.

We are looking for full-length, furry works. Unlike other publishers within the furry fandom, we are looking for works that truly utilize the species and characteristics of the anthropomorphic animals portrayed. While this does exist within the other publishers, I feel as though there are a lot more works where the characters are animal-people for no reason. The fur is simply an aesthetic while the story goes on around it. There are nothing wrong with these stories, but it’s not what we’re looking for.

While we don’t have a particular genre preference outside the scope of what has been outlined above, we are not looking for erotica. Adult content relative to a central storyline is completely acceptable, but we are not looking for stories that rely on erotic contents.

We are open to the following lengths of work:

•80,000 - 160,000 words (Novel)
•20,000 - 60,000 words (Novella)

We are also open to single-author collections, as well as anthologies (though please note that we are not looking for anthologies until probably early 2017).

All submissions must give us First Rights; we are not looking for any reprints.

Concerning payment: we are still working some things out. In reality, we’d like to do something along the lines of a small advance plus competitive royalty rates for full-length pieces, then $0.01 per word to the authors for anthologies. There are also some things that’ll be up for negotiation, and will differ project to project.

Have questions? Let me know. Since things are just getting started, there are still a few specific details that are up in the air. There’s also room for negotiation within a lot of what’s up above, so that may alter things a bit as well.

Just an update to remind everyone that we are still open to submissions. We’ve just accepted one novel, and are working on “Symbol of a Nation”, an anthology edited by Fred Patten (Link: http://www.anthroaquatic.com/forum/index.php?topic=1195.0)

We’ve also finalized our payment structure and contractual details (obviously kind of had to due to having an accepted novel). Have any questions? Please let me know!