Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Give Yourself a Hand

Thurston Howl Publications is now accepting submissions for its erotic furry anthology, Give Yourself a Hand. The anthology is edited by Skunkbomb.

Deadline: June 15, 2019
Word Count: 2,500-8,000; a little above or below will be acceptable.

Give Yourself a Hand is a celebration of erotic stories focusing on a classic form a self love: masturbation. We want to read your stories where your characters jack or jill off.

We will accept stories featuring all genres, sexual identities, and gender identities. Characters may have sex, but masturbation must be the main erotic focus in the story. If the story stays the same after taking out the masturbation scene, it will most likely not be accepted.

We will NOT accept:
Racism, sexism, or discrimination presented in a positive light.
Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18.
Rape, torture, dubious consent, or forced seduction.
Snuff, necrophilia, or bestiality.
If you’re in doubt, ASK. If you have any questions, please contact Skunkbomb at skunkbombwrites@gmail.com

You can submit up to three stories, but we will only accept one per author (if any).
Reprints are fine, but you must own full permission of the work in order for us to consider it. Please mention if your submission is a reprint in the body of the email.
We will not accept simultaneous submissions.
Payment: 1/2 cent per word and a print copy of the book.
Send submission in .doc or .docx format to skunkbombwrites@gmail.com
Please include the title of the anthology in the title of the email. If you’re sending more than one submission, please send each story in separate emails.
We will tentatively inform all authors regarding decisions within a month after the deadline.
Tentative publication in November 2019.

There’s two months left to submit! Looking forward to reading your submissions!

Working on it now. ;D

I look forward to reading it!

Just finished and sent it in. I’ll admit it’s not that long, but I hope you find it suitable for publication.

As long as it’s within the anthology’s word limit, it’s all good! Thank you for the submission!

Only about a month and a half left to submit!

Working on mine, hope to have it for you to read soon! =D

I’m looking forward to reading your story! Thank you!

My submission has been sent. :slight_smile:

Awesome! Thank you for submitting!

Two questions really! Is it possible to have an extension, and for how long? My story is currently at 13,000 words, which um, is more than a little over the max. Not sure what leeway there is on the max wordcount either, which is the second question!

I am offering an extension if you ask me before the June 15th deadline. The extension would go through June 30th. As for word count, 13,000 is quite a bit over the 8,000 word limit. I’d say you would need to remove 3,000 at the absolute least. The closer you can get it to 8,000 words, the better. I wish you luck, as I would enjoy reading your submission for the anthology!

Thank you! I hope to get it to you before the 30th, but that is a great help so thanks again. And yes, I’ll get cutting those words down, helpful to know.

No problem! I look forward to reading it!

You have two more weeks until the deadline closes! If you need an extension, please email me at the email address located in the submission call. I look forward to reading your stories!

One week left to submit! Time to either make those last edits and submit your story or email me for an extension. I won’t be accepting extension requests after the deadline.

Submissions are due tonight at 11:59 p.m. eastern time! Time to either submit your story or ask for an extension!

Submissions have officially closed except for those who had requested an extension before the June 15th deadline. We’re looking forward to putting together a fun anthology!