Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Getting a Review on Flayrah

Would anyone be interested in reviewing my new novel, “Thousand Tales”, for Flayrah? It’d be nice to have the exposure there.

I can do that!

Good luck. I moved my reviews to Dogpatch Press after they started piling up in Flayrah’s backlog and not being posted; no reason given.

I was (and still am) one of the reviewers on Flayrah. On behalf of the editors at Flayrah, I apologize for your reviews getting backed up and remaining unpublished like that.

On those occasions when I edited and published your reviews, it might take me an hour or more to fetch and upload all the images, figure out where to place them in the text and how much to resize them, and add all the markup and hyperlinks. Even then I usually got something wrong and GreenReaper had to fix it up after me. Since he seemed to know better how to handle those, I usually let him handle them (I imagine he could do it in half the time it took me and have it come out looking nicer, but I don’t know if that’s true). When he got busier and didn’t have time to, the reviews started to back up.

I don’t want to make excuses, and again I apologize. Even now I think about finding time to fix up and post those reviews.

Apologies from me, too. Green gave me publishing rights on Flayrah a while back but I just didn’t find the time to investigate the backlog of reviews and sort them out.

It may be worthwhile trying to get a review up through Claw & Quill or the new GoAL 'zine as well.

This might be the wrong place to mention it, but I seem to have Submit rights to Flayrah for Polls and Stories.

Is that common or just me?

I second this notion

I’m certainly okay with someone reviewing it for C&Q. (That someone could be me except that I am embarrassingly far behind in getting my review of Rise of the Red Shadow written, so I’m hoping someone else could pick it up and get a review done faster!)

I think that’s normal. Anyone can submit, but articles are subject to a review process.

@Fred Patten: I was thinking, “Flayrah isn’t hosting your reviews for whatever reason, so I should seek out some way of getting a review posted there too.” If they’ll take yours, great!

To others: I’m not sure if you’re looking for a review copy for Claw & Quill or “GoAL” (which I hadn’t heard of before but will check out). Please let me know.

AnthroAquatic has said that he’s accepting submissions for the first issue of “GoaL” from September 15th to November 15th, and that he wants two reviews per issue, not to exceed 750 words each. I plan to submit one, which won’t be for “Thousand Tales” since I’ve already reviewed that for “Dogpatch Press”. I can’t say what “GoaL” will be like since the first issue hasn’t been published yet, but I trust AnthroAquatic to make it worth having a review in.