Furry Writers' Guild Forum

FWG presidency announcement

Hi everyone,

The deadline for new candidates for the election passed over the weekend without anyone else coming forward, so it looks like I’ll be taking the reins for the next year.

First off, I want to thank Sean Rivercritic for all the work he’s done, including reviving these forums and getting the guild’s first anthology together, and I hope I’ll be able to build on that foundation and get things in place for the guild to keep going strong for years to come.

For the moment, the most important thing to note is that the guild’s email address is going back to the Gmail one:

furwritersguild (at) gmail (dot) com

Please direct all your correspondence there (unless it has to do with the Tales from the Guild anthology, in which case please contact Sean instead). While email is going to generally be the most reliable way to get in touch with me as the guild president, I may be a bit slow to respond during the next week or so of transition, so thanks in advance for your patience as we get things turned over and up to speed. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! I hope the experience is fun and rewarding for you and I look forward to seeing what happens!

Best of luck.

I’d like to thank Duroc for the opportunity to run this guild for the 8 or so months that I did. It’s been a great experience overall, and I’d like to hope I’ve made a difference in that time. Maybe if my employment situation improves over the next year, I may look to run again in 2015. We shall definitely see.

And I’d once again like to thank all of you for the support along the way. I hope to help continue Tales from the Guild (which, by the way, has a tenitive release time for beginning of August–more info to come soon).

I’ll still be around, just much less frequently than before. I may actually take half a second to myself sometime soon. That’d be an adventure!

Oh, @ Poetigress - If you haven’t already, remind me to take the auto-forwarder off the gmail account. I’ll set the AnthroAquatic one to forward all emails to the gmail. I also think I dragged all of the email folders into the gmail. I’ll make up a checklist today and see if I’ve given you access to everything. If you have any questions to where I left off on, between projects and whatever else, let me know.

I think I’ve just turned off the forwarding, so that should be good now. (You probably have a confirmation email from Wordpress at the Anthroaquatic address; you can just delete that.)

The main thing I can think of that I don’t have right now is to get whatever type of a contact list you have as far as everybody’s emails, and then I’ll see if I can fill in the gaps later on. I’m sure there’ll be other questions and things later, but that’s the first thing that comes to mind.

Oh, and if you have time, I hope you’ll keep reposting the Thursday Prompts. :slight_smile:

I saw. I transferred a couple of new emails in there, and I’ll start the forwarder tonight.

That was the thing I was looking to ditch first. I was so bad at finding time to do that.

Well, I should be able to keep that up, then, unless someone else wants to take that over once a week.

I guess I can start posting it here as well.

Congrats, PT. If there’s anything I can do to help out, let me know.

And thanks again for all your hard work, Sean, and for stepping up in the first place when no one else would. Looking forward to seeing the anthology in print.

Congratulations, PT! I can’t wait to see what direction the guild will take under your guidance :slight_smile: I echo MLR’s sentiment; if there’s anything I can do to help, let me know!

Congrats P.T.!

Congrats PT! :slight_smile: