Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Furry Book Month 2017

This ball has been somewhat dropped, but I am attempting to pick it up rather last minute and do another “Furry Book Month” promotion for October 2017!

If you’re a publisher and you’d like to participate by putting some or all books on sale during October, drop a message here or let me know through some other means, and we’ll add it to a “Furry Book Month” page that will go up on the FWG site next week. (I’ll need a few actual mentioned sales before putting it up, so it may not be on October 1st proper, but it’ll be close.)

And, if you’re a self-publisher, you’re not left out, either—just let me know what your sales are and that will be added, too.

Hi Chip,

THP is going to have decreased prices (of varying amounts) on all of its furry titles. I could give you a list, but I feel like that would take up half your page to have that full list. But all furry books will be discounted for everyone for Furry Book Month. :slight_smile: PLUS, we should have all furry ebooks up at some point in the month. We just uploaded over half of them.

Howl

I don’t have a huge blog following, but I do have a blog… platform for furry books to shine. If any furry author wants a day in Oct. Let me know! I’ll post your cover, blurb, buy links, excerpt and anything else you like for that day and do my best to promote the heck out of it too.

Happy to give a publisher a day as well. Just pm me to request a date.

Chip’s being very tactful but I am happy to put my paw up as the ball-dropper. Nice work getting it rolling again.

(That’s enough ball metaphors - Ed.)

We will be doing 20% off all titles, and continuing our free media mail shipping promotion those in the US.

Weasel Press is offering 10% off its furry titles in our online store.
Use code: FURRY at checkout
www.weaselpress.com/shop

There’s a filter for furry titles so you don’t have to sift through all of our books.

We’ve set up a whole category for FBM 2017: https://furplanet.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=260

FANG, ROAR, and Fred Patten anthologies are all 50% off. Most other anthologies are 25% off, and most of our other books are on sale to varying degrees. I recommend checking out the above link for all the on sale items. I’ll be adding info for Bad Dog Books later.

October will be a good time to get my FurPlanet books. During 2017 I have had Dogs of War from FurPlanet and Symbol of a Nation from Goal come out, both of which are already in the Furry Book Month promotion, and Furry Fandom Conventions, 1989-2015 from McFarland, which isn’t a furry publisher and isn’t interested in Furry Book Month, I’m afraid.

Huntress is on sale for $1.99 from Smashwords:

I’ve just added a coupon code to BadDogBooks.com For those unfamiliar, BDB is FurPlanet’s eBook sales site. Use coupon code fbm2017 at checkout to save 20% off all regular price books. This is good through the end of the month.

I’ve put The Earth Tigers on a free giveaway for Oct. at Instafreebie. This is the link for the free book: https://www.instafreebie.com/free/qEN8J

Here’s a coupon code to get Otters In Space 1 for free through Smashwords this month: GH46H

Here a coupon code to get Otters In Space 2 for free through Smashwords this month: MS67B

THP has a new store page here: thurstonhowlpub.storenvy.com. The store has all our furry books on sale, so stop by to check out some of our newest furry books!

I sadly do not have anything up yet because I. Waiting for a cover on a novella.

I did post a message on Twitter and Facebook to boost the promo.

Courtesy of author Jako Malan, anyone that buys reWritten in either physical or digital form this month (or takes a picture with them already holding a physical copy of reWritten) can tweet at @ProjGrnflds and get a limited-edition postcard mailed to them for reWritten’s sequel, Project Greenfields. Anyone wishing for this postcard will go through him, as he’ll be sending them directly from South Africa once they are finished.