Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Fen the Fennat here, I'm an editor and writer!

Hi everyone:
I found this guild at Further Confusion 2017 and couldn’t be happier. I currently work as a freelance editor doing work for friends, non-profits, and occasionally actual clients, but I’d love to sink my teeth into more people’s works. I primarily focus on copy editing, but developmental editing is perfectly fine when it comes to shaping the overall product to be salable. I don’t mind being a beta reader—I get to read cool stories and give authors feedback—but please do your best to keep your grammar immaculate.

I have my B.A. in English Literature from California State University, Fullerton, have tutored English for over a year, taken editing certification courses, and currently act as a freelance editor that specializes in Sci-fi, Fantasy, and general world building.

Fen.

On a side note: I’m always looking for more friends, so come one, come all, lets get drunk with the Klingons and the Communists.

Welcome to the forums! I’m Howl. Nice to meet you!

So glad you found us! Welcome! :smiley:

Welcome! I’m also into copyediting, though I don’t do it professionally.

Greets!

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forums!
It’s always good to have more pro editors here! :smiley:

Oh hay, I went to a school near there. Got my AA in at Fullerton College. Got my BA here in Ohio, but I have some friend at CSUF.

Welcome!

Hi – again, I think, as I’m pretty sure we met at FC! – and welcome.

Hi Chipotle, it is entirely possible. I managed to attend three writing events even if I wanted to attend them all. I look forward to getting to know you and everyone else here in the future when I have the time.

I will likely be opening myself to short story submissions so I can help people get published and take the burden off the acquisitions editors of the smaller furry publishing firms. If you’re with one of the smaller firms, I will send you an e-mail when I recover from con crud and offer my services.

It is nice to meet everyone here.

Oh cool. This is the one point of the the market I really don’t touch. Glad to see someone is opening up to it.

Also, welcome to the forums! Always nice to see other editors.

Nice to meet you!

Hey guys,
I don’t know where to post this on the forums, so I’ll ask here. I’m thinking of opening five to ten editing slots and taking up to twenty of so submissions from people with short stories they want edited. To be honest, I’m kind of bored since the author I’m currently working with has writer’s block, so I’m looking to volunteer my time to see what this community has to offer.

So again, where should I post this open call with its rules?

Fen.

I’d suggest the Critique board - and thanks!

Edit: oops, too late :slight_smile:

That’s cool and welcome, welcome! Always happy to see new members!