Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Female Minotaur

I rarely see female minotaurs, so I created one:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zz_fK5Pbzw&feature=youtu.be[/VIDEO]

Since ‘taur’ means ‘bull’, can you have a female minotaur? Or would she be a minocow?

But you’re right, they are seldom seen and we need more.

In fictional settings where -taur characters are common, I’m not aware of any of any difference in the term for a male vs. a female. For example in Bernard Doove’s Chakona universe, the chakats are all herms but there are plenty of foxtaurs, wolftaurs, skunktaurs, etc., who may be either male or female.

Also note that in furry fandom created settings, being a -taur normally implies that they walk on four legs plus have an upper body with arms, for a total of six limbs, whereas in World of Warcraft, the tauren race are essentially four-limbed upright anthro bovines (and here also, the name tauren applies regardless of gender).

That’s from ‘centaur’, though, which has a different root (Centauros).

(Shut up, Husky? Shut up, Husky.)

Ah, discussions always seem to get lively when dealing with very similar terms with different roots and therefore different definitions X3

Either way, nice to see a unique yet not rainbow-colored ten-tentacled idea :3

Beat me to it. :wink:

Technically Minotaur is a proper noun. Using it to reference a species really puts you in uncharted territory anyway, so in the end … do what you like, aye? ^.^

~Fox

Sort of like Pegasus, which started out as a particular flying horse in mythology, and evolved into a generic noun beloved by fantasy authors for flying horses as a species (pegasi).