Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Feathers with Benefits, Part One (NSFW links)

Okay, so! I have this fantasy erotic romance series, Strange Lands, Secret Lovers; the first quartet is titled “Feathers with Benefits.” The main characters, a man and a gryphoness, are work partners enlisted in a formative interspecies alliance. A long, remote deployment promises a hefty payout, but as unmet needs start turning them towards each other, the cost of getting physical could be their friendship—and maybe their careers.

Story does contain explicit erotic content between a human and a quadrupedal/feral gryphoness; both parties are adult, equally intelligent, and can/do communicate consent. May also contain cuddles. You have been warned.

It’s posted on SoFurry and Weasyl. Critique of the entire first quartet (novella length) would be incredibly welcome, and I am more than willing to critique something of yours as thanks!

I know I have issues with description (character and scene), supporting & minor character interactions, plotting, general storytelling, and over-reliance on sex as a climax/resolution to the plot. Possibly issues with describing/pacing the sex, too, but I haven’t had any complaints? Honestly, I’ve had nothing but glowing reviews for this story. Having some critical opinion would be fantastic—even if I am doing that well, why not do even better?

Thanks for taking a look! :slight_smile:

I’ll try to remember to take a look from home! The title’s made me smile already, so you’re off to a good start :slight_smile: