Furry Writers' Guild Forum

DOGPATCH PRESS open for e-book review

Howdy,

Our contributor Fred Patten does a lot of book reviews, but only works with hard copies. Which has left out e-books. We are proud to announce that Dogpatch Press will be doing reviews of e-books. They will be handled by me. I’ve had experience working on my own Book Review show on Youtube called Bookworm Review, as well as doing script coverage for several production companies. For those interested in having their e-book reviewed for Dogpatch Press please message me or send me an email to david.r.popovich@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

I am glad to see someone covering e-books. There are more and more of them, some very good, such as Gold Standard and Twelve Sides by Kyell Gold.

During the 1990s, as furry fandom got computerized and before the birth of furry specialty publishers, there were numerous online bibliographies of “all” the books of anthro animal interest. Each online bibliography was slightly different, including some books that weren’t in other bibliographies. These bibliographies tended to last for a few years each, appearing and disappearing as the fans and their websites did. It was my annoyance that none of these bibliographies were complete, or permanent, that led me and Yarf! to publish three editions of An Anthropomorphic Bibliography from 1995 to 2000. The 3rd edition included over 500 anthro novels and anthologies.

Of course, none of these were e-books. According to Wikipedia, e-books were proposed in the 1930s, invented in 1949, refined during the last half of the 20th century, and did not become popular until the 2000s, with original e-fiction appearing during the last half of the 2000s and exploding during the 2010s.

Someone needs to compile a new complete bibliography of anthropomorphic fiction, since there have been so many furry specialty publishers such as FurPlanet Productions, Rabbit Valley Books, and Sofawolf Press, mostly active during just the last ten years. This bibliography should have two parts; one for books that have paper editions, and one for titles that exist as e-books only. Who will volunteer to compile such a bibliography? Or to head a team of volunteers? And which publisher is interested in publishing it?

http://second-ed-online.myshopify.com/products/anthropomorphic-bibliography-vol-3-an-2000-fred-patten

This may be of interest only to librarians and bibliographers (which includes me), but my An Anthropomorphic Bibliography was three editions from 1995 to 2000, not volumes 1 through 3. Each edition reprinted the previous entries and added to them. The second and third editions did not contain only new information.