Furry Writers' Guild Forum

BREEDS: Wolves

Thurston Howl Publications is now accepting submissions for volume one of its furry anthology series BREEDS: Wolves.

Deadline: February 1, 2018
Word count: 2,500-8,000; a little above and a little below will be acceptable
Rating: XXX
Please put the story title and WOLVES in the subject.

Wolves have long been hailed as kings of the forest, as monsters to eat little girls and predators to escape hunters, as both werewolves and near-tricksters. For the first volume of BREEDS, we want to see the many phases of anthro wolves…especially that dominant phase. We will be accepting about ten stories. Wolves have to be the central characters, but they do not have to be the only characters in these stories. While we will accept stories of wolves in pre-modern settings, we will prefer stories of them in 1900s to futuristic settings. All stories must be erotic and furry in nature.

You can submit up to three stories, but we will only accept one per author (if any). (Reprints do not count in the total).
Reprints are encouraged, but you have to own full permission of the work in order for us to consider it.
We will not accept simultaneous submissions.
Payment: Authors will receive a free copy of the print book + free erotic art of character.
Send submissions in .doc or .docx format to jonathan.thurstonhowlpub@gmail.com.
If you are sending more than one submission, send multiple emails instead of putting them all in one.
We will inform all authors regarding decisions within a week or two after the deadline.
Book will likely be released in the fall.

Guess I’m gonna be “that guy”.

So, what benefit is there to me to submitting a story to you, rather than just posting it wide on the web? Aside from the art involved, but frankly, I don’t see where that’s an acceptable ‘in lieu of payment’ item. Do your anthologies hit an audience that I would not normally be able to access simply by putting the story out online?

Hello Kuroko,

Thanks for your query. First of all, we don’t ask for exclusivity with our anthology publications. So, it’s not like you have to choose between publishing with us and posting online. The offered art is more of a bonus, rather than intended payment. A lot of what we print is even reprints, really. Our anthologies hit both furry and non-furry audiences as we are only a furry-inclusive publisher, not just a furry publisher. You have no obligation to submit obviously, and if you want an anthology of ours that is paying, check out SLASHERS. I posted the calls for the BREEDS anthologies because readers and fans on Twitter and our Facebook asked us to provide an NSFW venue for species-specific anthologies.

Hope that helps!
Howl

Oh! Well, this turns out to be me misreading and/or misunderstanding. I apologize for the tone of my previous post, and look forward to submitting a thing or two here shortly.

Awesome, I look forward to it! And no worries!

Final TOC (with intro by Thurston Howl and illustrations/cover art by Faukx):

Jaden Drackus - The Pre-Show
Kuroko - Chasing Tail
Patrick Lambert - The Awkward Question
Travis Kane - The Great Camping Adventure
Miles Reaver - Stud Club
Cadejo Jones - The Box
Faolan - Good Boy
WhiteClaw - Yes Sir
Billy Leigh - Charlie One
FuzzWolf - Giving
Sisco Polaris - What’s It Like