Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Book Quote Wednesday

For those of you who are on Twitter, I wanted to share a fun little promo thing I’ve been doing for the last few weeks. Author Mindy Klasky runs Book Quote Wednesday, where she chooses a word and authors share a quote from their book/story (published or unpublished) that uses that word, using the hashtag #bookqw. (See previous tweets using the hashtag.)

Anyone can join in, and if you want advance notice of that week’s word, you can subscribe to the newsletter and get it on Monday. Right now it seems to be mostly indie authors and mostly romance/erotica, but there’s some sf/f in there too, and some traditionally published authors. So far it does seem to be single-author books only – there’s nothing in the rules against using a quote from a short story in an anthology, but I haven’t seen anyone do it, so to be safe I’ve kept it to quotes from my novels and collections.

I’d love to see more furry authors participating. It’s not an earthshattering thing in terms of promotion, but it’s fun to see all the variations of quotes using the same word, and I figure it at least gets my book covers in front of a potential new audience that wouldn’t otherwise be looking for them.

Oh, nice - I’ve seen this floating past and wondered about joining in. Advance notice of word would help a lot!