Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Beta Readers

So, with NaNoWriMo picking up, I doubt anyone will actually be interested in doing this, but just on the off-chance:

I’m looking for a volunteer beta reader for a 60k word piece, a gay romance/erotica novel set in a modern world. It’s a character-driven piece, it’s moderately paced, loose third-person single-vision perspective, and moderately dialogue-intensive. The story is about a tiger’s relationship and what he learns about it, and how it changes him- and what he gains (and loses) by allowing himself to change. It’s meant to be a somewhat heart-tugging story, but it’s not exactly a tragedy. Saying much more would be a spoiler. It’s been edited and proof-read multiple times (as well as beta-read once, and the reader enjoyed it), and is very much in readable form. I’m quite happy to send a one-chapter sample to anyone who may be interested so they can decide from that.

Synopsis: Rufus has been dating Victor since college. It’s been rocky, but they get along well. Victor needs support, and Rufus loves being supportive. They fight a lot, but so do all couples, right? It’s not until one stressful evening when Rufus decides to explore the open relationship they’ve established by hiring a dom that he begins to understand exactly what’s going on between him and his boyfriend…

I’m looking for feedback regarding believability character motivations and clarity of prose, as well as a general overview of anything that might have stood out as broken or problematic.

So anyways, if this sounds like something you may want to read and give feedback on, let me know.

Thanks!

I’d be happy to read - though I am indeed doing NaNo (should be doing it now this minute!) so I might not get back to you terribly quickly. Email address in my profile!

I’m always interested in helping out a fellow author. Warnndog@gmail.com. I am trying (and Failing) at Nano, so I will try and get it to you as soon as I can.

Warnndog

Alright, as soon as I finish up with this edit I’ll send it to one or both of you :smiley:

I’d be interested in reading it. I’m not up for NaNoWriMo this year, so I’m just scratching out my own little novel.

Anywho, if you’re still in need of readers, let me know!

denalian57@yahoo.com :smiley: