Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Awoo, Who's This?

So, we are opening for a new anthology, but this one is going to be a weird one for us. It’s a non-profit antho. That means we will be making it available only at the cost of printing. We want this to be a community anthology!

The premise for Awoo, Who’s This? is a furry writers’ Secret Santa game. Writers will let me know if they are interested, and I’ll put all names in a spreadsheet that is public. Authors will also get my sample stories that represent their style. At the deadline for interest, I will randomize people so that each author will get another author’s name. Let’s say for example, Kyell Gold picks up Mary E. Lowd. Then, by the next deadline, Kyell would have to write a short story in the style of Mary. Authors cannot tell others who they drew. This is just supposed to be a fun game for people, and again it will be non-profit. It is limited to Guild members though!!!

Deadline for expressing interest with story samples: July 15, 2019
Email to Howl at jonathan.thurstonhowlpub@gmail.com
Deadline for writing story: November 1, 2019

Word Count: at least 2,000

We will NOT accept:
Racism, sexism, or discrimination presented in a positive light.
Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18.
Rape, torture, dubious consent, or forced seduction presented in positive lights.
Snuff, necrophilia, or bestiality.
If you’re in doubt, ASK. If you have any questions, please contact Howl at jonathan.thurstonhowlpub@gmail.com

Please include the title of the anthology in the title of the email.

We will probably accept anyone who expresses interest who is in the Guild, but please only express interest if you plan on doing it regardless of who you draw. Typical Secret Santa etiquette and all ^^

Publication in early December!