Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Animation, Seeking Critique

Hi, three members here informed me that my art is not going to sell many books. I’d like to get an honest answer from my audience. Below are two animations I did, one of which is semi-furry (alien).

I would find it hard to buy a book strictly based on the artwork here, yes.

If that is the major concern for your art, I would concentrate on rending static images with more rounding and details.

I’d be actively repulsed from buying work that was accompanied by art or animation that rudimentary, I’m afraid. :\

to pull this off you should use a little more light and a bit more detail. get a better animation program there are some good ones that are free and will allow you to spend a bit more time developing the art of the characters. I noted that in several places it almost seemed as though you were centering the characters in reference to the background. The still portion was a bit too long and should include movement within the background. How many frames per second did you use, i would look at some of the online stuff put out from some of the artists of Pixar studios, it is on u-tube as well. I would also have a hard time being interested in book based on this. thanks for allowing us to see it though. by all means keep developing it! practice will help. I know that such things are a lot of work so keep going!