Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Animals and legal personhood status

Interesting article (and various links), highlighting some possible aspects for furry writers to consider with their characters/worldbuilding…

Very…interesting article. Could definitely be a ground for some equally interesting furry stories. Anthro/Feral world fighting for the rights of the latter.

The article certainly contained a lot of interesting speculation on the subject. I’ve heard about a few of those studies cited (dogs are emotionally like children, the lab-grown burger field test) already, and while I tend to be skeptical of anything regarding neuroscience (those in the field appear to still be working out the statistical kinks in their data, especially in interpreting MRI results and such), ideas like uplift and whatnot always tend to peak my interest. Of course, on Earth I presume it’s going to be a much longer battle for the level of animal rights spoken of in the article to actually get instituted (we’re still fighting over the rights of certain varieties of humans, after all), but it’s fun to think about and play with in a creative sense, for sure.

Thanks, PT.