Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Advertising on furaffinity

Anyone have experience advertising non erotic stories there?

I have no experience with it, but with all the recent faux pas regarding their advertising, I’ve personally taken them off the list of furry sites where I’m going to advertise my furry novella.

(Not trying to go on an anti-FA/IMVU rant, just bringing up there was a big stink about it about a month ago.)

It was ineffective for my work.

I guess I’m leaning towards the 1 month ad and see how it does. I think I recall seeing your ads on it a while ago. :slight_smile:

I used to advertise there all the time, in 6 months increments. I had fairly good results with them, and I’m thinking about re-upping and advertising with them again. Just make sure that you have an animated gif to draw people’s attention.
(and yes, it was for non-erotic stories)

I have been considering posting to my old account on FA because it still exists, it still has watchers, and I want to advertise my book. Years ago I tore down all my art and stories there because I was so disgusted by some of the content (bad enough to shock me) and by the users’ reaction: defend their “freedom” to post absolutely anything, then immediately lock the forum thread to prevent further posting about the topic. It looks like the site has changed their content policy somewhat since then, so maybe it’s time to tentatively come back. Thoughts?

I tend to think of rival sites SoFurry and some other one as “those furry art sites that people got driven to when FA started having an ounce of content control”.

I advertised my two real-name novels on FA, Huvek and Felix, both are clean. (Felix also had ads on sofurry.) The FA ads drew a lot of traffic to my website and blog, but did not result in many (if any) verifiable sales.

I resolved not to spend more money on promotion than I can expect to make back, so I limited myself to 2 months. I wish i could’ve done more, but more ad time would not have lead to more sales. Just more cost. I deducted the cost of the ads from my taxes, yes, but that doesn’t make up for the expense. After a point, you just have to hope that the book will end up in the right person’s hands and start a word-of-mouth chain reaction.

I have no complaints about FA’s ad service, but this was also before the sale to IMVU. The new ad server cleverly separates the fan-based FA ads from the third-party adult ads, so my adblocker doesn’t block FA’s ads anymore, but spares me having to view ads for MILFs. I’d consider advertising with them again someday, despite the higher prices and the certainty that more people have installed adblockers since the adult ads went live.