Furry Writers' Guild Forum

2014 Ursa Major Awards open for voting

The final ballot for the 2014 Ursa Major Awards has been posted, and voting is open until April 15th.

There are a lot of familiar names on there from the guild this year – both actual members and people that we see a lot in the chatbox and these forums. Even more amazing, the Furry Writers’ Guild website itself got nominated!

Congratulations to all the nominees!

And, if there’s anything that you think deserved recognition and didn’t make it to the Ursa ballot, remember, the Coyotls will be opening for nominations soon.

I’m not a gambling man, but I have a slight feeling you might get Best Short Fiction.

As it is, I’m absolutely stoked Impossible Magic has made it through to become a finalist! Up against some pretty damn good books, so I’m very pleased indeed!

Agree with Jay.

Call it a hunch. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t resist bragging that my anthology “Five Fortunes” or something in/on it is nominated in four categories: in Best Other Literary Work (“book that isn’t a novel”); in Best Novel for “Huntress” by Renee Carter Hall (because it’s slightly longer than 40,000 words); in Best Short Fiction for “When a Cat Loves a Dog” by Mary E. Lowd; and in Best Published Illustration for Terrie Smith’s wraparound cover.

I’m also happy to see that our “Tales from the Guild” is another Best Other Literary Work nominee; and that the FWG website got a Best Website nomination. I hope that all FWG members will vote during the March 15 - April 15 month.

Only a week left to vote!

http://www.ursamajorawards.org/voting2014/

Today’s the last day to vote.