Furry Writers' Guild Forum

The Symbol of a Nation

I’m happy to get a story in this anthology. It’s a great theme/prompt, combining my love for animals and sociology. Can’t wait to see everyone else’s work!

Quick update: if you’ve been accepted to this anthology, I’ve sent out an email with some general info, as well as an announcement of a bit of a delay in publication (it’ll be coming out at Anthrocon now, rather than Fur the More). Please check your inbox!

Symbol of a Nation is available for pre-order! https://goal-publications-storefront.squarespace.com/shop/symbol-of-a-nation

[i]National animals, from fierce predators and raptors to peaceful herbivores and songbirds, mark great significance in the nations they represent, whether as an emblem of war and defense or a symbol of friendship and tourism.

But these mascots aren’t restricted to just nations. Look at individual states and towns, political cartoons, and even cereal boxes. Animals have been long-since used as a representation of pride and respect all over the world, and the stories contained in Symbol of a Nation show that pride in full glory.

Whether it’s the fennec of Algeria or the sable antelope of Zimbabwe, show your respect for the symbols of these nations.[/i]

This anthology features the following stories:

“Didus ineptus Linnaeus” by Roz Gibson
“A Poor Uncle’s Apprentice” by BanWynn Oakshadow
“Remembering the Forgotten” by H. J. Pang
“The Moon Like an Unhatched Egg” by Mary E. Lowd
“Crossroads the Namib” by Jako Malan
“Sdani White Wings” by Jennifer Sowle
“The Scent of Lantana” by Frances Pauli
“Huitaca” by Televassi
“To the Kingdom They Come” by H. J. Pang
“Bread and Butter” by Allison Thai
“The Lion of the Low Countries” by Alice “Huskyteer” Dryden

This will be released at Anthrocon, but if you want to get your hands on the book early (and at a discount), definitely pre-order.

Since this is my book, I hate to point this out, but Amsterdam isn’t a nation. Can we change this to the fennec of Algeria or the kangaroo of Australia?