Furry Writers' Guild Forum

Here to make friends among my fellow furs and writers

My alma-mater plants are both still producing, but what an awful career-ride it was! As a Detroiter, I’m sure you already know all about it. I’m originally from the St. Louis area, then transferred to Tennessee.

Again, greets! Much success and happiness to you.

Wentzville and Spring Hill? I worked at Orion, D/Ham and Buick City (several years before it was closed and razed.) Went railroadin’ in 2002 and never once looked back. Thanks for the well wishes! Hope you’ll check out the book blurb on my web site.

MJE

Yes, Wentzville and Spring Hill. Just ten days ago, I moved to Florida. In your short career, you saw the inside of more plants than I ever did. For the record, the most I’ve ever heard of was a friend with ten in ten years. =:)

I’ve always enjoyed watching trains go by, but I fear that’s as close as I’ve ever come to railroading. Unless, that is, you count a brief ride in a switching engine on the Missouri Pacific when I was about four. Though I was once present at a trainwreck-- knocked nearly off my feet but inside a windowless room, so I didn’t see anything-- and later used the experience as an inspiration to write a trainwreck into a novel, a scene I’m still rather proud of.

Nice web site! And I wish you the best of luck with your wonderfully-illustrated book. Thurston seems like a really nice guy to me. He’s certainly got good taste in coffeehouses.

Here’s my stuffs, for what it’s worth…

Indeed! And lookit, we gets to be publisher stablemates now. How cool! Think I might well enjoy your rabbits from your new book.

https://www.thurstonhowlpublications.com/upcoming

MJE

Heh! My rabbits tend to end up in Really Bad situations a lot, and have to make a lot of hard choices. Nor do they shy from violence, when it’s unavoidable. This is to the taste of some, and not to the taste of others. If you’d like a free kindle-copy when they go on the market, let me know and I’ll gladly buy you one. Or, if you’d like to try a different flavor of action-bunny, this is a free intro to another series of mine, though I fear it’s not one of Thurston’s publications.

If you like it, I’ll buy you a free copy of the Omnibus of the entire series. We GM people need to take care of each other, after all! =:)